1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "what Good Garage Floor Paint" Thread

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by PeterT, Jan 2, 2017.

1. So hopefully moving into my new house this month from rented accommodation and I have a brand new double garage to do again, most of you who know me and have seen my last garage recognise that it needs to be clean and well equipped. I tried several floor paints and none where fantastic in my opinion.
    I really want to do this as it is brand new and don't mind spending more money given a better product.
    Any people have some ideas?
    Thank's

• Like Like x 1
  2. Do you mean you're going to build a new garage or there's a new one there already which needs to be made bike-ready?

3. garage already built. It's a new build

4. sure bluehawks yer man for this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Halfords/B&Q rubber interlocking tiles. Cheap, insulating and comfy under knee :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. I used Resincoat LTD, I went for the most course one they had, the only thing was that with mine i got about half the coverage they quote, that said I think my floor is pretty rough so it suckep up quite a bit of paint!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  7. I gave up with The two pack paints, this time I used Carpet tiles you can park what you like without the paint coming up.
    and so nice if you sit and do a job. I did a 29'X29' for £250 and they gave so many spares (enough to do half again)
    I have dropped oil and just change the tile, If you have nice toys this is the way to go. I will look out a picture.
    Nice one. Martin.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Agreed. Mine looked brilliant when 1st painted. I prepped everything as per the instructions. It may be fine for footfall, but it's not conducive to motorcycles.
    • Rubber marks from tyres are a pain.
    • It cracked and lifted under the weight of my bike lift.
    I'm going to tile it this year.

IMG_3669.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. I've yet to see a floor paint that lasts. Tiles are the only way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. I've found that Garage floor paint, no matter how good it's claimed to be, will soon succumb to side stands and particularly centre stands if you often park up in the same place.
    And once it's broken up that bit is worse for collecting dust and crap than before it was painted.

I put up with plain Concrete floor these days.

Nasher

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I just used a cheap carpet to cover the floor of the garage but then a big vinyl mat for the space the bike is mostly parked on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. But the problem with a foam type of floor is that it does not like jacks or axle stands, or my movable bike stand, tiles are LETHAL in the wet as my mate found out and promptly ripped them off a week later!!!
    The foam tiles also hold metal swarf when I am machining so these really are out.

13. :(Carpets remain wet for days on end when I park my wet bikes up.

14. Robonaro where did your units come from?

15. This stand
    en 012.JPG

16. Mine are just simple Carpet tiles rubber backed (totally non slip). If you have a new build then your base will be nice and dry. If you have lathes and Mills you would not place them on tiles.
    I have many machines in the garage and have no probs.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Disagree. Mine pop back if I move the bike, and never found them bad when damp or wet. Have used them in 3 garages and lasted over 4 years now. They are looking a little tired in places but come the summer I may do the lot again. And you can easily replace one of it gets that badly damaged. I have used full bike stands and rolled it over no problem, fixed tables and my multi lives on its centre stand. If they hold anything like swarf you can lift them and move them, again never found it an issue to sweep them up. Only thing they really don't like is brick dust: simply won't clean off.

Even used them in the van :)

18. Another bump for where Roberano got the grey units

Do Not Sell My Personal Information