1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Wife Wants Two Sofas

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wroughtironron, Oct 17, 2020.

1. So we're currently having the living room completely replastered as the ceiling was artexed, and the wife decided it had to go. We're into the fifth week of chaos now, as that then developed into :-
    • a new fireplace/fire
    • two new radiators
    • new windows
    • new ceiling and wall lights
    • new 75" wall mounted tv
    • new carpets and underlay
    • decorators coming in to make it look a bit more presentable
    Now SWMBO wants two sofas as the old cream leather units aren't grey fabric.....

You guys got any recommendations as to sofa suppliers ? I know there is loads of stuff from China and sometimes it might look comfortable, but it ends up like sitting on a park bench, so maybe getting something end-of-line, returns or discontinued from a reputable manufacturer would be of interest..... :eek::eek::eek:

2. Ron

These people https://www.a4dablefurniture.co.uk/ based in Penistone have end of lines from major brands etc. We've had a look in the past and they do have some lovely stuff and at good prices. May be worth a look?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I'd be thinking about wife exchange programs not sofa shopping!

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. Sofa.com

brilliant you can even take your dog to try the sofas

we bought two but from their outlet as I like a bargain

still look like new 4 years later

• Like Like x 1
  5. No help on the sofa here but good call on the 75” TV. MGP on that will be epic!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Beware the woman that wants a new lampshade....:astonished:

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm more afraid of the royal "we" we will paint the room we will replace the flooring we will change the light fittings that normally means I'm in my work gear while the wifey points and supervise,s o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. 75” ? You’ll need a row of seats and popcorn lady

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Then you'll need some interesting (biking) mates to fill the seats. so maybe add beer to the popcorn.

TB

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information