1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theft Scoping

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Martingw1, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Not sure if this is in right place, but we'll see how we go. We have coal fires which are lit during the winter, as a result of which over the winter months we have a monthly coal delivery. I've had the same coalman for many years now, and if I'm at home when he makes the delivery we'll nearly always have a chat about bikes, the reason, I've got a 748BP and he's had for many years a 748SPS. The last visit he made, we got talking about security, and he went on to say about an incident he'd had earlier in the summer. This guy lives in one of the further out villages, one of these places thats only about six houses and a postbox, apparantly one morning, he opened the curtains to his patio doors, and went outside, to find himself face to face with one of those camera drones, having a good scope round the back of his property, whilst he was shocked momentarily into inactivity, whovever was operating it, realised it had been seen, and before he could do anything, it sped off at full tilt down his garden, over the bushes/hedges, and gone! Kinda makes you think don't it?

2. Hmm.. I wonder what the law is on this sort of thing. I have at certain times of the year trouble with pheasants, duck and pigeons to the point where I start thinning them out with the gun. I can do this because they are on my land and are being a nuisance. So if a drone is on my land being a nuisance, nevermind about spying can I shoot it down?:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. That’s why I’ve got a trainer anti-drone eagle called Rupert.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 100% yes.

5. Unless they look like this

IMG_4530.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Yes, whoever is operating it is breaking the law. My son is a licensed drone operator.
    Steve

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=306708233040514&ref=br_rs

#7 Birdie, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Maybe you need a bigger Rupert?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. The police won’t do anything about it even if you do tell them sadly

9. Very chilling......Tea leaf or creepy stalker o_O Certainly makes you think

10. Maybe they’re not after the bike... maybe your coal guy has a really fit missus :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Or a bigger gun.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Which means they probably won't be arsed about the drone he shot to bits either...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Photos of Rupert?

14. I had one of these (gen 1) amazing bit of kit, I could fly it out of site for over a mile and watch what it was filming on my iPad! It's actually illegal in UK to fly out of line of site or above 400 ft, that was also easily achievable by turning off the height restriction. I got terrified that at 5kgs it would fall out of the sky and kill someone.

15. Are their rules outside of restricted air space? I thought that was half the problem with these things: head to Argos, but one, then go spy on your neighbours with impunity...

16. A6A43478-84A5-422F-A64C-7AA1C13F56D3.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information