1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There Goes My Back....!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by TheAlfaNut, Jan 23, 2021.

1. hi folks, I recently sold my last bike - a Yamaha XVS1100 Dragstar which I had converted into a bobber as a lockdown project and was worried about getting fat and old, so have ploughed the cash straight back into a bike that I have always loved the look of (despite popular opinion it seems!)
    A 900 Supersport (2000 yr model). Should I also be looking for a local chiropractor to go with it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I've never dated a chiropractor besides which I imagine they vary as pillion passengers.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Enjoy, when do we get to see images of it?

4. . Hopefully flexible though?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I haven’t collected it yet, all being well next week (if I can avoid the psycopathic lockdown nazis! )

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Plenty of alcohol and a waterbed might ease the pain in the evenings,plus a brunette if the finances stretch that far.:upyeah:

7. Welcome. Your back will be fine :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome and enjoy

9. Thanks - I’ll try wearing my corset!

10. Cheers Gandalf

11. Only problem is..... I like tinkering and had a strong desire to build a retro cafe racer (similar to the “Thornton Hundred” black & gold Darmah-style bike) and was initially looking at a 2003 Multi which had already been partially converted with much of the hard work done (moving electrics, shortening rear frame to make single seat etc.) but then I came across this lovely low mileage, unmolested yellow Supersport right on my doorstep, stored away and unused in a container! I decided to buy that instead but now am worrying that my “itch” to build something will go unscratched, as the Supersport is original and should really stay that way.....
    (And before anyone suggests that I buy them BOTH, I’ll just remind them of a lady called Lorena Bobbit who performed a little late night surgery on her errant husband while he was asleep!)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. A ‘sit up and beg’ position on a bike hurts your back more as you are putting weight through to your coccyx when you’re sat up. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. Glad you found the place - as said, riding position should be ok? v. interested in what Alfas you have/had. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. You might want to build your neck and shoulder muscles up and do some inner thighs work and you should be ok :D

pics of bike and while we wait your bins please it keeps me happy

welcome into our house

16. Hi Chris, thanks for the welcome. I've had quite a few over the years but currently got a 2002 V6 Spider, a 1998 V6 156, a 2007 GT (Wife's car!) and currently restoring a 1987 Alfasud Sprint 1.5 and a 1998 GTV V6. Too many projects!
    I have an Alfa channel on Youtube, check it out sometime if you're bored. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFeWet5zDVvo4wMNfCafNmA

• Like Like x 2
  17. Well, funny you should say that - I've decided not to buy the 900SS and I've put a deposit on an immaculate 2001 Monster S4 instead! I'd like to have bought both but well, you don't always get what you want....

18. Thanks for the welcome - I had a change of heart and decided to buy a Duc that I am likely to want to ride more often, so as luck would have it, an immaculate 2001 Monster S4 came up local (ish) to me. Picking it up next weekend all being well. There will be a few immediate jobs like a tail tidy and maybe an exhaust swap but she's ready to go as is.
    Right side.jpg cockpit.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. Love this, sounds like you are my Alfa equivalent! (but me 20 years ago with Lancias). Driven many but only owned one briefly. The last GTV6 I knew intimately involved an axe sadly. Very nearly owned a 75 with a 3L V6 but this would have been a doner for a special rather than a restoration.

• Like Like x 1
  20. You are obviously a person of great taste and discernment! My first car was a 1982 Lancia Beta Coupe 1.6 in Bianco! Wish I still had it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information