1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There Is A Recall.

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by steeve, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Didn't know how many of you were aware but there is a recall to fit another heat shield above the rear header and under the shock. The issue is overheating of the rear shock absorber, the standard bike suffers worse with bump stops melting. Mine was done yesterday when it went in for heated grips to be fitted.

There are rumours of something for the mirrors, but sadly that's all they are at the moment, rumours.
    IMG_1294.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Next week I'm taking my bike to Ducati Glasgow for the heated grips to be fitted so I thought I'd be proactive called them yesterday to ask if they knew anything about the heat shield. It's a 200 mile round trip for me and at this time of year the weather tends be cold and wet. I could just see me getting the grips on then a week later getting a call asking me to take it back to fit the heat shield.
    Predictably, the service manager was unavailable and didn't call me back. I called them again this morning but wised up and asked for the parts guy who I've known for years and is really helpful. He checked on the recalls and yes the heat shield was on the recall list. He then checked availability and said to leave it with him, he'd order the parts and inform the service department. Half an hour later I got a text from the service manager telling me that the parts are on order, he'll give me a call when they arrive. I'm glad I took the trouble to call them [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. I got the heat shield fitted today along with the heated grips. No wonder the grips are so expensive. I though that on the RH side the twistgrip tube would be replaced with one with the heating element in it. But no, the whole throttle assembly gets changed c/w with the RBW potentiometer. Ah well, I've got a spare now.

4. Hi
    I brought a Supersport 939 in December , second hand. Last week I got a Termignoni and a couple of days ago I went to replace from the original. When putting I back together I notice a metal top shield but could not find where it is. Why did you had in the first place?

5. I'm not sure what you are asking but this diagram from the 2020 parts list shows the shield, item 54.
    Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 18.36.22.png

This is the same picture from the 2017 parts list.
    Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 18.36.38.png

6. Cheers, I've now put it back on and the Termignoni sounds lovely.

7. How did you get on fitting the Termi? Getting the OEM exhaust is a bugger of a job.

8. Yes very hard, most of the Allen bolt was very rusty and could be removed. Also the Lambda probe was actually a 17mm socket and it cost £40 ouch.

9. Once RH heatshield had been loosened from the pipe I was able to slide a 17mm open-ender under it and undo the Lambda.

10. I did the same.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information