1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There Isn't A Day I Don't Miss It..

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Sev, Jan 5, 2018.

1. I've managed to upload finally a video of my old SS after her long layup and rebuild back in 2011.

Still not a day goes by that I don't miss this bike, and truth be told I don't think anything out there is capable of delivering so much fun per hp as one of these.

#1 Sev, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Cracking bike :upyeah: :heart_eyes:

3. It's lovely is that... why not get another? Looks like you'd added a few nice bits there too? Can you say a bit more about the spec's Sev?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Very Fruity,,,

5. That's a lot to put into a bike, a lot of development over a long time. I fully agree that the SS gets under your skin. I absolutely love the wheels, stupidly passed up on a set for £500 about 3 years ago... silly man.

Did you stay in touch with the new owner then?

6. Its a bit old stylee for me but, i can totally appreciate the work, and workmanship thats gone into it. If something is old but, is looked after and has a spattering of high quality "and a reason for being on there" parts then that makes them almost a little timeless as it were....ie id like to put a ttx ohlins rear (or something of that level) on to my hyper....and, for example (if i manage to get back to the US in a couple of years) a set of NIX30 forks for my old RSV4....

While my first statement is my opinion....due to the sheer quality of workmanship and attention to details thats probably the best example ive ever seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Oh yeah - motogadget stuff is lovely kit....(my 525 supermoto is infesting with their stuff) the only complaint (if you ever get to that point) is all of their wiring they tend to use is flimsy as fuck....

8. Thread needs more pics @Sev :D

9. Sev
    I like these bikes and i have been watching this one as its just 10 mins from me, but but but i already have two Ducati's.
    Any good for you
    ducati 900ss

10. Sev, I remember when you were selling this and I nearly bought it at the time. I missed out in the end as I didn't make a quick enough decision. The spec of my own now is not a million miles away from what you had. However it's cost me more than you were asking for your bike. I have enjoyed the journey and learnt so much I don't regret not buying yours....much. I did wonder at the time why you wanted to sell it as you obviously had invested so much and it is a really nice bike. I hope you get it back! I really want some similar wheels now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I can understand why you want it back, can only imagine what you are going through. Bikes certainly help us bikers more than folks understand. Here's hoping that you can purchase it back, for a reasonable price

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. know how you feel wish I didn't sell a couple of bikes in the past but cannot keep all of them but the most important one I have had since I was 17 really couldn't part with it now

• Like Like x 2
  13. So sorry to hear about your missus - feel for you...

14. Sorry to hear about Mrs Sev, all the best.

15. I miss my SS too :(

16. any pictures?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. That's lovely, really hope you get her back one day
    Best wishes to Mrs sev

18. 30FA2295-1F10-4872-B98C-810E2E9B13B0.jpeg 86ACB7D6-6855-463F-B50E-5AB8E91B9593.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information