1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thieving Scum

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Casp, Apr 2, 2017.

1. My garage got screwed early hours of Saturday morning resulting in my 1299 Panigale, Tl1000R and my son's kx85 getting nicked plus all the families mountain bikes. I've always secured the door from inside thinking the windows at the back were secure enough. They've been screwed closed and painted over.

The scumbags came into the garden and tried to jemmy a window open smashing the glass in the process. I then think realising they couldn't force it open they took the time to unscrew the window completely.

Fair to say having not heard a thing when I found out what had happened it was a shit feeling.

Saturday morning some kids playing on some scrubland about half a mile away found the Pani and mountain bikes hidden amongst the trees. Luckily after telling their parents who'd heard of my garage getting done they knocked on my door to tell me. The Pani was on its side stand still with its steering lock on but had fallen over. The kids did say they see someone come and pick it back up, at a guess one of the slags waiting for his mates to come back and collect it or to see if it had a tracker fitted.

So until I re think my security its living inside. I thought my garage was safe and to be honest should have done more. If like me you live in a nice street please don't think it can't happen to you, there's to many scumbags out there to risk it. IMG_1443.JPG

One more thing, don't let the thieving scumbag shits get you down.

• Like Like x 9
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. So sorry, Dirty dogs.... This shit disgusts me :Vomit:. What would you do different moving forward?

3. Hope you get the TL and the KX back,also hope the thieves arms drop off.

4. Bad news indeed.

5. Turn the garage into fort knox. Either new single solid windows with bars behind or maybe brick them up completely. Definitely getting a new garage door which be able to be bolted to the floor plus a couple of ground anchors. Basically not going to take security for granted.

• Like Like x 1
  6. At least you got your pani back but they still got away with enough.Boils my piss this does.They deserve hand removal with a spade.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Why cant people leave other peoples stuff alone?! :rage:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Because the benefits outweigh the risks unfortunately @bradders What would be the worst that would happen if caught? a slapped wrist? They may get 20 or 30 pay days before they get a punitive fine, so why not. Chopping their bollocks off with a pair of bolt croppers for a 1st offence would sort the problem out*

*I realise I've gone all Daily Mail there. :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. Feel for you,it's happened to me,thought I had everything secured but they still got it away. Now my bikes will always live inside. I have 1 in the kitchen and 1 in the hallway.

10. They need pummelling, twats :punch:

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Never had a bike nicked but I know how personal they become and feel for you. I do like the idea of chopping off their bollocks with a spade. Very novel.

Regards Steve

12. Sorry it was a hand removed with a spade. Like my idea better.

Regards Steve

13. I won't quibble, how about both.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Was it bolted to the floor or any other chains etc?

15. Glad you got your bike back.

16. Corrected that for you :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Is the bike damaged at all other than the side fairing?

The thought of this makes me feel sick. Must be gutted.

You have them chained up at all?

• Like Like x 1

18. This is what I was curious about mine all is and this stuff scares the shit out of me

19. In addition to the other security measures mentioned ,If not already fitted i would consider a alarm to the garage and some form of cctv , none will drop a determined thief , but will act as deterrent . Also you should be able to get a survey free from the local police crime prevention officer , you may get some good pointers as regard to weak points of the premises .
    I also know what it's like to be broken into absolute scum.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. One of our customers had similar, they took the window out of the garage but must have been disturbed. He noticed a widow propped up against next door neighbours wall, thought it was odd and then realised it was his..

He blocked the window opening shut but they came back a week later and tried taking the roof off..

The thinks they saw him washing his sons motocross bike on the front.

Bad news, nice to see you've got 2 back although still not great.

Should have their thieving hands chopped off as said above..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information