1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking About Buying My First Ducati

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Geordie_monster, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Hey everyone. New member here from Newcastle, UK.
    I am totally new to the world of Ducati. I currently ride a BMW R Nine T.

I'm currently looking to part ex my current bike for a brand new Monster 821 and was wondering if there are any things to look out for/tips when purchasing?

I am still undecided on whether to go for the red or yellow colour. I am going to see them in person next week and hopefully I can make my mind up then.

Also what would you say the first essential mods that are needed for the 821?

I'm going to spec the quickshifter and I will be looking to change the exhaust with an aftermarket one in the future.

Thanks all.

2. Welcome to the forum....id say once youve done your exhaust changes get it mapped and the ecu reflashed.....as for the qs ive got a healtech on my hypermotard which is working fine....when the engine is actually in the bike of course...

3. images.jpg Geordie:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome to the forum from a fellow Geordie.
    I did own an 2015 821 stripe, a great bike but the only thing that a annoyed me was the foot peg hangers which fouled my heals so changed them for some rear sets, I sold it after a year of ownership, but kept the accessories I had fitted, so all for sale if you're looking for bits, ie: Leo Vinci end can, radiator and crank case guard, Ducati low seat, Bagster tank cover in red with white stripe, all in as new condition,

#4 borderblaster, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  5. I do believe they have addressed the foot peg issue.
    I would much prefer the 1200s but I can't stretch that far at the moment and besides 110hp is plenty enough for me.
    Thanks for letting me know about the parts. I'll keep you in mind :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Welcome Dude :cool::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome fellow Geordie dude. :) :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Possible friend :eek:

9. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Erm, a lil too much perhaps :eyes:

11. Welcome and enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Welcome Dave

13. Don't be put off by M&S. Buddy of mine ended up coming to Lincoln from Washington and buying from Italia in Lincoln. He got exactly the same, a new 821. He's delighted with the bike. Having had a good nosy at it, and he got a cracking deal, it was very good value indeed for the combination of performance and price.

You'll love it. Objectively you might find that the BMW feels a bit more premium but it's a close run thing.

14. Welcome Dave

15. Yeah I was thinking about going to M&S.
    Although now I'm thinking I can get a used 17 plate 1200R for just a little more money than a brand new 821 so I may well do that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hello and welcome to the forum. :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information