1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Thinking Of Getting The Base Model

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Steve Wright, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Anyone give there opinion on the base model over the S?

Looking to chop in the S1000rr for one, just justifying the additional cost.

2. keep the bmw by the sounds of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Does the S have semi active suspension? That’s gotta be worth it for uk roads no?

4. I had a s1000rr last year great bike & before that cross plane r1 also a great bike, did the ducati day last week at Silverstone on my v4, great bike but cost a lot more money then the other 2 , I didn't find it any better then the other 2 apart from it was a lot faster,so if ur just riding on the roads I don't think its worth all that money ,but if ur doing track days then that's a different story

5. I would always got for the bling Ohlins because I’m a tart. Personally I would be waiting for the competition to catch up next year before splashing >£20k.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I just commented about that. Save yourself and buy an RSV4 with ohlins, forged wheels, and Akra end can with removable baffle and Aprilia’s standard accompanying “race” map.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for the comments, left me pondering :thinkingface:

9. Ive said before on numerous occasions ive got an old pre aprc rsv4 factory and still love the thing 8 years on....i cant think of anything (apart from a newer one) that could replace it and even then i cant justify the 6 - 10k that id have to fork out for "more switchgear" as it were....

• Like Like x 2
  10. i think I'm going to stick with the v4 now. found the 899 was great in everyday riding . the 1299 was great but awful in town and slow traffic but still miss it as had loads of character.
    but the v4 is a great all rounder and still has character. so gonna stick with it and not swap and change , as i don't see how they can really improve it that's noticable to a mostly road rider.

11. i think I'm going to stick with the v4 now. found the 899 was great in everyday riding . the 1299 was great but awful in town and slow traffic but still miss it as had loads of character.
    but the v4 is a great all rounder and still has character. so gonna stick with it and not swap and change , as i don't see how they can really improve it that's noticable to a mostly road rider.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information