1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking Of Selling For An Mt-10?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by kalv, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Had a test ride for a few hours on an MT-10.. and absolutely loved it and am really considering swapping the 1299 for the MT-10 as a bike I can use alot more, more of the time...

I can afford to keep both and possibly wait and sell the Ducati privately next year in spring.. but not sure how the new V4 will be greeted and what residual values will be like on the 1299??

Any thoughts?

2. I doubt anyone realistically thinks used 1299 values will rise in a year compared to now, OTOH selling in the spring seems on the face of it a good idea if it wasn't for the V4...

3. if you can afford to keep both,then keep both

4. I been offered a low part-ex price... but I'm thinking to hold onto the 1299.. and list it privately for sale while still enjoying it as it's insured - if it sells privately for more, then winner.. if it doesn't sell until spring then chop it at dealers.

So basically im being offered £X now and should be able to get £X in spring 2018 so makes sense to hold onto it and have both...

5. How much do you want for the 1299?

6. PM sent

7. He want's X, apparently :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. It's a little-known fact but MT10s are BEASTS on small (ie not high speed) tracks, hard to believe looking at the thing but true

9. Try a Tuono.

10. Shit I only have a Q and 4 Ps.

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. Fkn PMSL!!!! :upyeah:

12. The MT10 can be very thirsty when pushed and it has a small tank range. Its reputed to be down in old 1000 Tuono territory. May not be important after a 1299 but worth bearing in mind if you're expecting an all-rounder.

Personally, I wouldn't be in a hurry to sell the 1299 now. There will be a rush of interest in the V4 but how far 1299 used prices drop will depend on how much dealers discount remaining new stock. My expectation is hardly at all. KTM are heavy discounters but that isn't the Ducati way. If you can afford to keep both, at least for the time being, I'd would wait and see what the market does when the V4s start leaving the show rooms. There will be a lot of interest in 1299s from people who haven't been able to afford one up to now and there'll be the end-of-the-line factor as well. Unless Ducati start giving old 1299 stock away which is very unlikely (and very un-Ducati) prices and interest are likely to remain buoyant.
    I certainly wouldn't be rushing to sell at the onset of winter if I didn't need to I wouldn't sell before buying the new bike and having a chance to assess it.

13. I'm not convinced the rush of interest will be turned into a rush of sales on the v4. If you want to keep both bikes and can, do so. If you can only keep one then keep the one that floats your boat and will see you riding the most. A rare and expensive bike in a garage doing nothing is just an expensive ornament.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Appreciate the advice guys... have purchased the MT-10 as it was too good to turn down.. so will be keeping both bikes for now and then see what madness occurs after the V4 sales.

Misses on the other hand is another story o_Oo_O

• Like Like x 1
  15. Welcome to my fucking X.

16. I took one on a test ride and it is a cracking bike, lots of torque, great handling and all up together bike, For me the character of a duke is what makes it special the other bike will never really stir the soul or people when they see it, I like bikes that give not just me pleasure but others as well by the looks or sound so my opinion would be keep the Duke at least until you get to the summer and I think overall in the end the other machine would not last in your garage despite how you feel today.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sometimes when riding the 996 I feel I'm enriching the lives of the general population by getting to see and hear her.

• Like Like x 3
  18. You should have bought that 3 wheeled monster :astonished::)WTF is that.

I get 80-90 miles per tank(after remap and open exhaust) from my R1 this is relatively fast road riding..even managed to completely run out of fuel once.
    I have an Ohlins TTX GP 2016 model shock that I might sell, should fit R1M /R1 and MT10.

1299 is a new bike and as such it will dip in value for couple of years...I doubt you would be able to get the same or more monies after 6 months as you would get now. Although the winter is here..so not the best time to sell superibikes.
    Summary...keep both :upyeah:

19. Some great all round points... appreciate the MT-10 won’t win any show points and no-one’s guna be drooling over it in car parks - unlike the Ducati where ppl stop me in petrol stations to take pics...

I’ve got 4-5 months to assess both.. will keep and insure both and even do some vlogging...

Dealers are worried that with the new V4 ppl guna be chopping in their Panigales to trade up so trade-in prices are rubbish - another reason to wait

20. Who carres about other people if you enjoy the ride more on the techno marvel :astonished:
    Not even surpised, the MT10(or all naked bikes) is a better road bike ...superbike for road is like a hardcore offroad vehicle used for motorway commute...it does the job but not in its element :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information