1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking Of Selling My 899..

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by james butcher, May 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,

My little boy arriving in September last year means I'm finding it very hard to get out on the 899 and its a lot of bike sitting in my garage doing nothing, so what could it be worth?

Bike is absolutely mint with 3800 miles on, or there abouts.

Spec as follows and has ALL the standard parts included ( wheels, cans etc)

2014 3 owners ( 2 on log book and me being the 3rd)
    Gold Oz wheels
    Comfort seat
    Nitron rear shock
    R & G tail tidy
    Brand spanking new termis with up map. Have done no more than 10 miles
    Full Ventureshield
    Pillion seat cover
    Throttle spacer kit
    Virtually new Pirelli rosso corsa 2 tyres
    FSH duc.jpg

If your wondering about the slightly melted tyres, I done a handful of laps around brands hatch before getting black flagged for noise.

#1 james butcher, May 3, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
  2. Not having gone to Hogwarts, er... quel et le price you're expecting guv?
    I'll open the bidding at a bag of wotsits and hobnobs and jaffa cakes... family size of course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. You might want to add the year too?

4. You need to subscribe to sell a bike. It’s only a fiver.

5. He is :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oops, saw new member thing. Apologies.
    Get a price up then ;)

7. I'm subscribed! apologies I didn't know! Iv added the year and owners. The wotsits sound quite tempting! Having a look around at what's for sale its a little hard but Low 11's going on mileage and spec

• Like Like x 2
  8. Must resist!!!:(:(

GLWS James

9. Cracking bike mate, GLWS. You’ll always get more of your money back if you return it to std and sell on the trick bits.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I'm gutted but need to concentrate on being a dad for a while! I treated myself for my 30th and never planned on selling but circumstances have changed now. I could sell it as a stock bike but it is soooo nice like it is. In the flesh its absolutely stunning. Everyone looks at it where ever I go, I get a lot of nice comments.

11. Think I would put back to stock ASAP and sell the trinkets separately. Only take you a morning. Even if it’s just the wheels it’s worth doing as I don’t think you will reach your target price even with all the kit on it. Sorry if this sounds harsh, just the way it is IMHO. And the 899s are sought after regardless.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I will see how it goes. Its not advertised anywhere and I'm in no rush to sell. Its a brilliant 899 in this form so will be a great shame to put it back to stock.

13. Also it will come with the stock parts

14. Full Ducati service history or mix of places?

15. Its a mix. I done the last service with receipts to prove. Iv had no end of problems with other people servicing or working on my cars/bikes so i do everything myself now. Oil and filter change on these is very very easy!

• Like Like x 2
  16. The bike come from a forum member who is still very active now.

17. Great advice..... either sell for premium price with all the parts or just remove said parts. Good quality parts always generally sells well if it’s been looked after. And judging by your pictures it looks bang on mint! Good looking bike either way... super low miles! Glws

18. Ok so what would you guys consider to be standardish? The termis have got to stay surely??

19. Don't sell it... Just don't... take it from someone who has done exactly this a few times, and I'm terrible for having a wobble every november and saying I can't justify keeping a bike.

Clean and tidy 899's are becoming quite hard to find, they are going up slightly in value not down, so you aren't loosing a penny while it's in the garage. Absolutely focus on your family, if it sits and only does 400-500 miles a year for a few years then it will be there for when you are ready.

Unless you HAVE to free up the money then it's different but if it's just about lack of use but you still love it, then don't sell it, you will massively regret it.

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. Wheels and shock back to standard. Termi’s off if you have the time and inclination. EDIT. But really, what Phil said above.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information