1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Thinking Of Tracking The 959

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Simon Gray, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Ok so I have a 959 its a 17 plate and had for about a year .. started track days not long after getting it and done 4 now using a cheap 2004 zx636.... but each time I simply wish I was on the 959 so I can really enjoy more of its potential. The 636 is great but its an old bike been dropped twice / once by me but its been cheap fun. So I've sold it and my dilemma is do I spend a bit more like 2.5k - 3k and get an upgrade on the track bike (plenty about) and keep the 959 safe .. or do I invest the money into the 959 and put crash protectors all round and use that - money I wont get back when I sell or give back as on PCP. Also I want track day insurance.

The other issue I have Akras on and not sure how many circuits will accept it due to noise. I'm in Somerset so Castle Coombe is a no and Pembrey is my best option. Not sure if Thruxton allow private track days on bikes?

Just interested on thoughts.. as I love riding the 959 but before I go and buy another track bike got me thinking I have an amazing bike I could use already.

2. I don't think it would be financially viable if you need full trackday insurance due to the bike being on PCP.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks.. yeah with the PCP the risk is huge.. I'll stick to the track bike idea and continue to enjoy the 959 on the road.. looking at GSXR750's and Blades yes.. under 3k sees some decent options plus they tend to hold their value.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. You don't want a GSXR mate, 'Blade's all the way!

5. A blade would be great.. looks like I'll get shopping then as would like another track fix before winter hits.

6. a CBR929RR would be perfect, bit more power than the zx6 but not so much more you are likely to high-side. Try to find one with uprated front discs a quickshifter. And maybe a Spirit steering damper, and a nice end can with baffle that blows 100db so can get on virtually all track days. :innocent:

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Thanks for the advice .. I'll scan the sales forums.. yeah 100db allows me on most places.

• Like Like x 1
  8. :eyes:

9. Where could one find such a thing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ha ha.. I didnt even get the hint either .. lol!

11. Ha ha.. I didnt even get the hint either .. lol!

12. To be fair to you he's not normally that subtle. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. It would be perfect if it had also been around Rockingham....

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Was all that made up :eyes:

15. Or could be seen going round Snetterton on Tuesday.........

16. it does seem that way, but no, absolute genuine!!!!

17. :eyes:

18. Go for it! Make sure you take the plate off. Worst case, drop it in a hedge somewhere and call the insurance company ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 929 Blades are known for a weak gearbox. Be careful putting a QS on one.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information