1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This gay marriage thing.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by andyb, May 19, 2013.

1. is it just a relationship through the back door.........?

2. bit of a bummer if it is.

3. I think it's gay

4. I'm a teapot.................

5. not for me, they can show it up their arse as far as I'm concerned.

6. Marmite miners

7. Have you not read my signature lovey ?:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Homophobia alive and well on the Ducati forum then!

• Like Like x 2
  9. nope just on this thread! :D

10. ...i'm happy enough to be covered in chocolate and fed to lesbians...

11. hmmm... yes I can go along with that!

12. being a secular humanist, unfettered by indoctrination, religious bigotry and ignorance, I dont see homosexual relationships as an abomination, evil or perverted...Homosexual relationships are as much about love as heterosexual ones..

besides...why cant gay people get married??

Dont they have the right to be as miserable and frustrated as everyone else?? ...

• Like Like x 2
  13. lipstick lesbians i hope??

ive looked for em mate and they dont exist, 'cept on t'internet. All the ones i know look like Sandy Tossfig, or bulldogs licking piss off a nettle, wearing t-shirts emblazoned with shit like, 'Yes I Am' beneath their dungarees.

• Like Like x 1
  14. It all sounds like a lot of rim tape to me.

Er ... red tape, rather. Red tape.

15. Wow ! :upyeah:

16. Now that is funny!!! Love it!

All jokes aside, I totally agree with you. But I'd go one further and just question the whole institution of marriage in our modern society anyway. What does the 'binding contract' do that a faithful conjugation doesn't? Its not like you can't get a joint mortgage unless you're married for instance. SO other than a bigger inheritance ceiling and perhaps a tax break or stopping the lady from getting upset and bursting into tears is there really any point? - or is it just the done thing?

Don't get me wrong, I do understand that for some it's important, and indeed I do get narked when those who aren't religious wan't the church wedding for no other reason than it'll look good in the photo's - I do believe that a wedding sacrament made in the eyes of God by the faithful (irrespective of faith) is a beautiful and uplifting thing, but really... in front of a council employee in an office - I'm not feeling it. Those two people loved each other before and certainly will love each other after irrespective of a scrawl on a bit of paper, be they straight, gay, or somewhere in between.

In an age where divorce is second nature and to some, 'for better for worse' is anathema, is the institution taken too lightly, just because you can?

17. Anyone want to explain what 'Gay Marriage' is anyway? I thought that a civil partnership thing existed already giving all legal rights, and a religous gay marriage was a bit of an oxymoron as a religous marriage was between two people of different sexes

• Like Like x 1
  18. Will one take the others surname as is traditional? Therefore will it still be 'whats your maiden name'?

• Like Like x 1
  19. exactly ducv2, and since certainly not Christianity or Islam (hindu, Sikh, or other faiths I don't know) condone the practice anyway then I agree, it's a pretty daft term.

Are we saying that two homosexuals can be wed in a church?, or registry office, or is the fact that one can now say the other is his husband or wife so much more important than a civil partnership which in reality is what a registry office 'wedding' actually is in many ways.

20. Ugh!.......Gives me the creeps................unlike them........who get the craps (apparently)

Ever watched how Mandelson walks?

AL

Do Not Sell My Personal Information