1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Is Getting Stupid

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Despite all Government "advice" telling you to stay local and only do essential travel, Doris goes to Scotland for a day out.

And it won't be just Doris spreading the pox, but an army of "advisers" and security will follow.

And he is going to Scotland in an attempt to be Mr Popular and get on all of the news channels.

This is getting ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Form The Times today...
    "
    The last 20 opinion polls have put support for secession before a desire to remain in the Union while the personal popularity of Nicola Sturgeon, who succeeded Mr Salmond as head of both the Scottish government and the Scottish National Party, has soared during the pandemic.

In contrast, Boris Johnson is not generally well thought of in Scotland. So why is the prime minister making a trip north today when his mere presence is seen by many, including in his own party, as having the potential to do more harm than good?"

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. essentially it's to tell us how poor, wee and dumb we are. under the guise of checking out why our vaccine roll out is failing. he and his are the abusive partner telling the other they would be nothing without them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. That's a guaranteed certainty.

5. Maybe because he has the UK to run :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. The rest of us are supposed to use zoom/teams etc so what’s different fir government

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. You do understand these people are running the country and are criticised as not being seen anywhere except London don’t you. We can’t compare, even for a nano second, the life we lead to the ones they have (PM and cabinet)

• Agree Agree x 8
  8. fir government, rubbing off on you i see. :upyeah::p

9. Only amongst the Snatz... ;)

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  11. Bradders, you don't think Doris wanted to be PM? You don't think he has spent his entire political life trying to become PM? Do you think that the cabinet were press ganged into their jobs?

Are you aware of the money Theresa Mayhem now makes as an ex PM? Or Blair?

You might not like the facts pointing out, but they are there for all to see. I'd be very interested to read your rebuttal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I think it’s easy and frankly poor to say ‘they chose it’ then criticise. If you and others think it’s easy, put your name down.
    I rarely agree with what they are doing, get frustrated as the fear-paralysis we are current on, but am thankful I’m not making those decisions.

• Agree Agree x 9
  13. "Run" as as in "run into the ground"?

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. very much this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. That I am not a member of the political establishment renders me unable to criticise (which if you look at my post was not the case) is nonsense by anyone's standards. I also did not play for Manchester United last night, but have an opinion of that too.

I fully support your having opinions, but I question how you reconcile that with disparaging others for doing the same.

Lastly, it is certainly my belief that the vast majority of career politicians are motivated by power and personal enrichment. There are some who are not, and are indeed civic orientated, but that is no guarantee of their quality.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. He needs to sign up to DF to get some expert advice. :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Looking at Doris's previous advisors and his current crop of Ministers, I would expect that he could find some very good advice from the members of DF.

Why would you think that Patel, Cummings or Raab have any superior qualities?

18. A bit like John Kerry flying around on a private jet and telling oil workers to find new jobs. These people are pure do as I say types.
    Does anyone lead by example anymore.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Let's be absolutely honest about this.

THE only reason it's in the news is because Nicola wanted it in the news.

And if you don't think she did that for her own personal gain then there's no helping you. Whether you like Nicola more than Boris isn't relevant, it's only an issue because she made it one and all for political point scoring reasons nothing more.

That said, Boris is a spineless weapons grade cock, and as far as I'm concerned should have a no confidence vote against him and someone else take his place ASAP from within the party voted in.

The ludicrous lock down policies he's chased have decimated the economy, the lateness of his decisions, the smoke and mirrors never ending time tables are all utterly shambolic.

Many might back lock down, many might not, but I think Boris is toast either way frankly and I'd be glad to see the back of the fat buffoon.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information