1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Is Style: Towards The Grand Finale Of The New Ducati Storytelling

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by Rob, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Ducati have released a new promo video, 'This is Style' drawing the new Ducati tale to a close.

In the run-up to the grand finale on November 16 during the 2016 Ducati World Première, here is the new chapter of “This is Style” which continues to tell the story of the new Ducati surrounded by just a veil of secrecy.

Curving lines and shadows which shift to reveal shapely forms are the main characters of “This is Style”.

2. Ducati series Oro Etch-A-Sketchio?

3. I think I can just see a belt drive Diavel cruiser...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. teaser shiteo italiano bolloxio

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Is that Italian for 'Land of Joy'....

6. italian for, dont need that marketing shite. give me the the money. (translations are often longer)

7. I've done a lot of branding & marketing work in the tech industry over many years. But this? The sort of utter mindless drivel that tempts me to just walk away from Ducati. Whoever they think they're marketing to these days, it isn't me and doesn't seem to be to anyone who can walk and chew gum at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. As long as the engineers and designers aren't from the same Uni as the marketeers, I can live with it. Don't have to look at the adverts (well, not more than once).

9. Let's hope not. Experience though suggests that, once the marketeers get this detached from reality and the customers and start driving the agenda it becomes ever harder for the engineers and riders to drive product innovation: rather than inventing a new wheel, they sit around trying to decide what colour it should be…

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. one day ducati will be like an italian honda, none of us will ride Ducati, but the majority will. Yawnnnnn

• WTF WTF x 1
  11. Not as bad as the scrambler rubbish but part of the reason I now have a MV

Surprised they don't come with a free watch nowadays

12. And parker pen :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. This front page should be for the Forum Threads that are liked 7 times - not reams of Ducati Marketing Dross with all the Forum content being deleted. List the Marketing blurb, if it gets 7 likes then fair enough ;):Angelic:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ducati
    Ducati sales up 20% year on year. New innovative brands such as Scrambler that has created a brand new class and sub brand. Multistrada with new DVT engine and full electronics. Ducati Speciale competition (in which a forum member here won), Shakey being signed, 9 new models released this year..... Innovation in its droves, you cannot deny that Ducati are innovating on many levels.

I think you're foolish if you believe marketing is not working well or contributing to their success. Hats off to Ducati for an amazing year. Name another motorcycle brand that's shown as much innovation or growth success recently?

The teaser videos are brilliantly presented in my opinion and push the brand even further.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. We don't like change.. Says Mr.Grumpy.
    My autopredict just showed Triumph when I got to P in Grumpy?

16. I don't like the marketing either, all a bit Shoreditch shitwomble for my personal taste, but that's the nature of the game.

Motorcycles are coming out of the oily garages and are now part of a fashion and trend. Marketers love this and Ducati/VAG are doing the right thing to exploit accordingly.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. yawn..............

19. Belt driven Diavel "X".

• Like Like x 1
  20. Whatever it is better be sophisticated after all this teasing
    Nothing worse than a let down

Looks like something new in the diavel range

Do Not Sell My Personal Information