1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This New Triumph Speed Triple?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by El Toro, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Looks unfinished to me.

upload_2021-1-12_21-31-38.png

2. I like that. Looks well smart to me.

The street always looked better than the speed. Now the speed has both :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Looks better than the new Monster...and at least it looks like a Speed Triple.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  5. If it had a monster type headlight, it would be the perfect naked in my opinion. I've never liked the speed triple headlight, looks an afterthought.

6. Looks good. New Tigers are looking impressive.
    Triumph are building nice bikes. Bloody expensive though. I reckon I will get the new 900 Rally as a next bike. Prefer it to the BMW equivalent

7. triumph are building some expensive bikes, and apart from a few really questionable decisions (the tiger 850) the quality I think justifies that, the new triumph stuff is very very well screwed together

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. yep, well spotted Tel, no number plate.:eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looks daft!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. It's quite possible that all manufacturers have run out of design ideas now.:thinkingface:.

11. More to the point did i read somewhere it was a 1200?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yeah, it is, natural progression really, they need to up the CC to counter the losses of Euro5, which tbf is what Ducati did for Euro4/5 with the V4.

It's always interesting when you see news of a new launch on a forum that isn't 'that' manufacturer. I'm a Triumph fan, and I think it looks faithful to the original with the sort of fo-trellis frame that's alloy, keeping the single sided swingarm etc but making it much smaller. Most in the 'Triumph camp' are quite keen on it.

I agree though the lights are dated now, the bug eye thing is dead really but I guess their concern is ending up looking like everything else, look at how much the new Monster has been criticized, it doesn't even look like a Ducati now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1

13. It's all down to taste isn't it. I really like the lights on the triumph. The Monsters head light looks crap TO ME.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I think they might nail it, 1200CC gives them a little headroom to differentiate from the Street Triple RS in terms of power, and if they do go for the Ohlins EC2 stuff, they will have a real differentiator, it will never be as mental or raw as a KTM, it will never have the Ducati thing, but I've never met someone who's ridden one of the newer Speed Triples and said that it's 'gutless' or that it doesn't handle very well, or sound great. It's such an all rounder.

I hope they ditch the wheelbarrow Arrows though (which it looks like they have), they make the back end look bulky and heavy, where as the new look is to be clean and sharp like the streetfighter and KTM

15. I ride a tiger 800 and the newer models have a changed frame design among other things, so they are constantly updating with practical improvements. The bike I ride has faired not to bad, a few niggles nothing much, 13k miles or so. Build quality is very good, comfortable, handles pretty well and looks good for what it is. An 800 isn't going to win any speed awards but its more than enough for its purpose.

I am fighting the salty roads atm.

• Agree Agree x 1

16. Spot on bud.

I had a street trip years ago for a few days when my 899 was in for warranty work (surprise) haha.

it was such a mint little road bike

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  17. Sorry, should have made my point better, my point wasn't that the 800 isn't good, it's that I don't understand why they released a range of 900's, then released a 850 that's so so similar but is £2k cheaper, it feels like they are saturating the market, unless they expect to not sell many and instead have get people into the dealer with the price and spec of the 850 and create upsell opportunity (which is a very car market thing to do)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Na, I didn't even think you were criticising the 800. I think the 850 is the 800 replacement. As you say the 900 in terms of spec seems higher, things like bigger dashboard,. more electronics etc. I don't actually think the engine sizes provide massive performance differences, but the spec is different from what I briefly seen.
    I'd need to do the whole online select your configuration thing to get a better idea, but I just like walk in and sign a form and then see what it has and hasn't got. I buy on looks :D mostly

Do Not Sell My Personal Information