1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those Brilliant Ads

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by everclear, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Was going to post some of these in the Picture thread but I think these deserve their own spotlight @El Toro . Plus members may have a few of their own to add.

Anyway what they lack in imagination by God do they make up for with sexual innuendo in spades. Most un-PC these days :) 1oldestducati.jpeg 006_Ducati-1973-768x503.jpg 750_gt_early-768x561.jpg hailwood ducati 900ss 04 82.jpg vee haf  vays ducati.jpg vintage_advert_ducati.jpg vintageducatiadverticme.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. 1980-KAWASAKI-KZ550-LTD-1200x777.jpg Playboy-Magazine-06-June-1980_Page_1-1200x821.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. suzuki gt 750.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. apr79b-1Phil Read200x865.jpg s90_deluxe1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Subtlety!

6. Absolutely!

7. 2-25-nov-68.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. scooter-motorcycle-adverts-1960s-1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. aug77a.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. This ad was from the time Phil Read was so hard up for money he resorted to nude modelling to drum up business - leading to the headline:
    SPEEDY READIE'S A NEEDY NUDIE

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. 44156.jpg
    Just to be politically correct....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Amazing period pieces. Where did you get them from?

The typography in the long copy Kawasaki ads look very American. They can’t be though, there are Cricket bats in the second one. Uk or Aus?

As for the Life helmet one, I remember that!

#13 Sam1199, Dec 24, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I remember the long ads appearing in US bike mags in the late 70s????

14. Both are from Playboy mag editions in 1980. I got them off the net so i can only guess the presence of the bats was something Kawa placed knowing the circulation of the mag? Can't imagine they printed an Aus/UK variant. :confused:

15. Good
    God
    Could
    You imagine
    The do good squad nowadays with these adverts?
    The hairy arm pitted dark rimmed glass wearing rab fleece wearing women’s rights things would have a march about it lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Perhaps Phil Read's effort might put them in a bit of a quandary??

17. That’s what most of them women’s rights things need. A damn good spanking and a good length

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. First when Lumley was just a model and then someone got a happy snap ...

Lumley1.jpg Lumley2.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  19. Didnt Hollywood post on here a few years back, then everyone ripped the piss out of him then his lawyers got on to E.T....?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information