1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Thoughts After My First Track Outing On The V4

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by DRR117, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Managed to get the Ducati V4 out at donington for her maiden track day. What a machine!

coming from a 1299 the bike is another level. Prior to the 1299 I had an R1M and while that was an amazing bike and quite an easier bike to go fast on, you feel like a legend on the Ducati V4 so who cares if you are going slower!

75C86554-4A0C-4D6D-92AB-DFC96C6C6434.jpeg

@nelly sorted me out the Evo2 software upgrade and despite the air temp only reaching about 9 degrees all day the bike never seemed to get out of shape, power was smooth and progressive and only stepped the rear out once on an exuberant exit out of the foggy S’s trying to get past a slower rider.

The bike wheelies for fun with 15 41 gearing but having got full Mupo suspension from Simon @Sitramoto and Dave ‘Mupo’ Croft, Dave has been helping with the bikes geometry and a 44T sprocket is on route to improve the gearing and geometry.... well that’s the plan.

Mupo CSP30’s and a Factory Evo shock are incredible and I would highly recommend them if anyone was looking for handling upgrades... really are confidence inspiring. And Dave is a fountain of knowledge on the Mupo front being the UK importer of the Italian Mupo exotica :) believe he currently has some CSP’s and a shock on offer for the V4 as well.

AC280D8F-8179-4AC0-B827-FF83445F4859.jpeg

The power took some taming, and even on wheelie control 3 she still rose like a phoenix on most corner exits despite having to haul my heavy arse a round the track.

Not sure if it’s the wings but the stock braking set up is amazing as well

and now for the Goddard’s money shot....

9BBB63E6-1548-45B7-938B-5BC440157830.jpeg

All in all throughly impressed with the bike. Only minor issue was the exhaust bottoming out on the left and right through the foggy S’s..... but if I lose some weight that probably won’t happen anymore.

4FF368FA-4520-4F66-8C94-EF5E2365154D.jpeg E2184228-3D52-4584-B136-89D8470F3E4B.jpeg

Very lucky to be in a position to buy a V4. And I’d recommend everyone goes and buys one. :joy:

if anyone’s still awake And wants to see me wobbling around donny in the freezing cold here’s couple of laps

• Like Like x 38
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. That looks a joy to ride !

• Like Like x 1
  3. Watched the video the other day when you loaded it as it came up on my suggestions. Love that dash!

• Like Like x 1
  4. It’s awesome! I’m starting to think if the dash is not flashing orange/red, she’s kind of telling me “you’re not going fast enough!!”

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Or, if it's flashing orange/red your now relying on the electronics to save your arse? :innocent:

6. No I meant the tacho flashes orangy red when you are in the right Rev range for the gearing. Honestly didn’t notice the amber flashing light flash apart from when I was bucharooing down the straight :laughing:

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. I'm just being an arse as I'm just jealous. Enjoy

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Crackin

9. Excellent read and amazing photos !

10. Good to read, glad you’re enjoying it.

11. Great write up. Thanks for that :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Splendid and what the feck was that vehicle & trailer doing making an entrance like that at the eleventh hour.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Great read.

14. as with most of the trackdays at the minute, people were getting over excited and chucking their bikes at the scenery. In the back of that was a gixxer that had gone down at craner and caused the red flag. Rider was up and walking.

15. Great pics and write up :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Poor bloke like a kick in the balls i guess when you bin a bike and all that added expenditure after you have paid out for your fun.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Amazing photos, great write up! Can't wait to do a track day on mine soon.....hopefully Oulton :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Awesome! Love Donington.

I find it crazy that I’m around 4 secs quicker a lap but can’t get my knee down but you’re dragging your elbow!

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information