1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Thoughts On A V2 +

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Gizmo750, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Hi all,
    What are peoples thoughts on a V2"+" model in terms of will it happen, when is it likely, what will it cost and what will the changes be?
    I'm thinking about previous SE or Corse style updates.

2. There could be a corse edition like the 959.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. My Stealer Principle told me he expects an annual facelift on all dukes moving forwards. Just like VAG tend to do.

4. I'd be surprised if it's an 'Annual' facelift, surely it's Bi-Annual for VW etc? the Golf went at least 3 years between Mk7 and 7.5 for example. Also, very different industry being a predominantly leisure industry, especially for Ducati.

I don't think there will be a V2+ this year (Nov 2020) There was an outside chance of a corse version I think prior to Covid, but I think now that every industry is basically limping and dealers are shut at arguably normally their busiest time, I think they will delay some of the smaller launches to next year to get current stock moving.

I still think the V4 Multistrada will come out this year but that's because it's a Halo product. The V2 by all accounts is selling so well that I doubt they feel the need to move it on.

5. Can definitely see a Corse model coming soon:D like end of the year! If not an S model with better components. Wheels, Suspension and brakes:punch: Oh I miss my little 959o_O

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yup. I agree with you on the 2 years bit, but, he said annual. I challenged him on it. Probably bollocks mind.
    An S would be trick.

7. Now that they have standardized some of the components in terms of the SSA and big axle, I suppose they could offer it with a Ohlins shock, and the Forged wheels from the 1299S/V4S and maybe M50 brakes a a mid-step between the current ones and the V4S, and then price it at £17500, still £2500 short of the V4. It's tricky though, it's already a fairly expensive bike but if someone was mad keen on the V2+ then perhaps it's a closer upsell to the V4 etc..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ^ yes, or better packages choices eg carbon/akra package at more realistic price (or am I just wishing?).

9. I for one would certainly be interested in a V2+ with upgraded shocks, wheels and brakes. Pricing is an odd one as it doesn't necessarily have to come in under the base V4 price (for example you can spec up a Cayman to be more than a base 911). For me it is about a more road focused bike that I can have fun with (like I can my 848) that already has some bling added, because I'd only go and buy it afterwards anyway!

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's a fair shout, it could be as expensive as the V4 but with Electronic Ohlins for example but smaller more road based engine or the like. The only thing I would say that looking at the market and the reviews it seems that the 959 Corse made the bike more track focussed and stiff and the reviewers seemed to be of the opinion that if you want a trackbike a used 1299 would have been better, but that may not apply to the V2.

I may be alone but I REALLY rate the Showa BPF on the front of the V2/959. I have Ohlins on my Daytona and they are lovely but I've always thought the Showa BPF's are really plush and ride the bumps really well. The rear shock leaves a lot to be desired, although it doesn't 'lockout' like the 959 one did and fire you out the seat on sharp bumps, although I've noticed on my V2 that as standard the Compression is nearly fully wound out. Anyway... Ohlins would be a good upgrade here.

11. I´m guessing 2 years for a Corse variant to arrive.
    Next year will be all about the Streetfighter V2.

12. My issue with that is that this is what the Monster is supposed to be for, a Monster 12 versus a Panigale 959 based naked I think make more sense. Unless they use the 1299 engine and de-tune it for torque and mid-range. The issue then is that it risks being a better road bike than the V4 Streetfighter

13. There’s bound to be a V2 corse planned using Öhlins suspension etc just to get more out of a model, then probably finished off with a Final Edition which will have an “exclusive paint job” and carbon wheels or some such, just to milk it even more.

Are they necessary? Not in my opinion, but it’s what Ducati do.

14. A naked V2 more like. IMHO.

15. A Monster, you mean? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Im not sure that is the case. Engine wise yes they are L twins but the whole philosophy is different.

SFV2 will be a track weapon with dirtbike habdlebars whereas the monster is more of a cafe-type bike even though it too comes with the full shibang in terms of öhlins, brembo etc.

Cater to two different groups i think, but what the hell do i know :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Errrr..........non:p

Do Not Sell My Personal Information