1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thread Tags

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by AirCon, Feb 25, 2018.

1. This isn't really a moderator related thing... so please move it to the appropriate thread.
    If the software could allow the poster to add tags to be associated with certain useful posts to help searches.
    BATTERY, CHARGERS, LITHIUM, FIRE, SEAT, MPH TO KMH etc come to mind immediately....

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  2. Do you see a section below the message to add tags? This should help.

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 22.39.56.png

3. This is only if you create the thread.
    Most of my best well worded/researched/useful to others posts are in response to a question, where I'm not the OP.
    Can I add tags at this point?

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  4. Further it would appear that you cannot add tags as the thread as it develops.
    A while back I offered (to AndyW I think) to go over all the Multistrada posts and tag them. It would have given me something to do while in hospital.

5. @Rob did you see my questions above?

6. Ahh I see. That’s a good point. Let me take a look.

Ps - have you found the new search any better? Try using some of the phrases you listed above. I’m interested if it works better.

7. The new forum search is much better. I no longer use google to find stuff here. Thanks

8. Thanks Rob.... the add TAGS seems to work well.
    Q are these also searched in the basic / default search?

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  9. Tags are a common method of adding keywords to content to aid searching and discovery.

[​IMG]
    Thread tags apply to the thread itself (rather than individual posts), so they are displayed at the top of the thread view, independent of any post.

Clicking any tag will take you to a page displaying all content that has that tag attached to it:

[​IMG]
    These results pages will be accessible to search engines (and of course end users) to help them relate the tagged content to each other.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Yes. You can also search just the tags via search:

1C2EC562-A753-4698-80AE-8BE8491FD14D.png

• Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information