1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Threebond 1215 Equivalent?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by flatstick959, Jun 24, 2018.

1. anyone know an equivalent sealant I could use on the sump plug?

Not used it last time and it was fine but according to the manual and the dealer some theeebond 1215 is required or similar?

Thanks

#1 flatstick959, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  2. Is Threebind the Chinese copy of Threebond
    Halfords do a similar made by Granville

• Like Like x 1
  3. Instant gasket or the silicone one?

4. Fairly sure it's the instant gasket, read the specs on the Halfords page. It's the one that can take some heat and remains flexible

• Like Like x 1
  5. Permatex 82194 Ultra Grey RTV

• Like Like x 1
  6. Plummers tape (only round the thread). Better seal, takes up any slack in the thread and you don't have to torque it up as tight....coupled with one of these....you'll never have to take the sump bolt out again...I have one in my hyper and z1000. The only reason I don't have one in the rsv4 is there isn't one for my model...

http://www.stahlbus.com/info/en/products/oil-drain-valves

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. I was looking for ThreeBond 1215 on EBay today. My old tube is running out, so about time I got a new one.

Various sellers list TB1215 at around £18. Then I saw ThreeBond 1215 in a "Ducati" labelled red tube, for £17-50. No mention of the size. Careful study revealed that the ordinary 1215 was a 250g tube; the "Ducati" 1215 was a 50g tube.

As usual, expect to pay through the nose for anything with Ducati on it - in this case five times the price.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information