1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desert Sled Throttle Issue

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Paul Houston, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Not sure if this has been discussed before but I can see threads on the oversensitive throttle issue which is slightly different to my query.
    I find the throttle has too much travel and wondered if there was a quick action tube or anything else that could be done to shorten the travel. When you open the throttle you seem to have to twist it a bit further in an unnatural wrist position to have it fully open? My sled is fitted with Ducati heated grips by the way.

2. I don't know what the throttle set up is on the desert sled but can't see it being much different then a 900ss, probably wrong, my point is i have a fast throttle cam on my 900ss and this could fit yours, mine is the one on the left.:thinkingface:
    http://www.electraeon.com/throttlecam.html

3. Is there a UK supplier?

4. As far as i know, no. It would maybe worth emailing them and asking about fitment or see if there is a UK based supplier, i've not looked but i will now just out of interest and if i find anything i will let you know,I want to put one on my 996, it has made a hell of a difference on my 900ss. If you find anything let me know:upyeah:.

5. All i can find is the throttle tubes with different sizes, i can't find a UK throttle cam supplier?? That one on amazon could be worth looking at but don't quote me on that, i'll keep looking and i would do a bit more poking about for info if i was you.:upyeah: A lot of info i'm finding is america based.

6. Isn't the Desert Sled a ride-by-wire setup?

7. :thinkingface: That's a point:scream::upyeah:

8. It appears to be cable operated throttle.

9. Ah, cool, easy then. Full retro style:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cable operated throttle

• Like Like x 1
  11. Have found anything yet?

12. Still looking

• Like Like x 1
  13. Be aware that the heated grips are bonded to the throttle tube. If you change the throttle tube you will lose the heated grip. With care it is possible to remove the rubber grips and replace then with aftermarket ones but I doubt if you'd be able to swap the heating element over without damaging it. You could of course fit an aftermarket element and grip to a replacement throttle tube

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. You beat me to it Derek. I have a throttle tamer for a Scrambler, unused for that very reason.

15. I have a 2015 Classic with the original fast action throttle and I like it like that :)

16. Mine's a '15 too, best year! :)

17. 16’s are faster.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information