1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Throttle Position Sensor Fcrs

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Desmoquattro, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Has anyone here hooked up a TPS to their Ignitech and FCR equipped bike? I was wondering if it was easy enough to do without buying a kit from the likes of Fastbikegear.

2. Sev, I have no issue with making a plate, I can put something together, not to keen on hacking at the carbs to mount a rod or similar, I will have a look at this. What kinda TPS would I need?

3. I've used a tps from a 250 Aprilia. I picked it as I didn't fancy modding the fcr spindles - this one is lever actuated, so only required a matching lever and engagement pin, which are attached to the outside of the throttle cable ' pulley' (harder to describe than do!) Also comes with pigtails, rather than a plug, so easier to wire in.
    Only difficult bit was ensuring the tps was aligned properly with the throttle spindle, but you'd have that issue whatever.

4. You will be having fun with FCRs, DQ.........

..........I really don't know why you bother with the effing things - they will plague you and cost you more than sorting out the stock carbs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I know Al, I have had some issues with them already, however I will persist as when on song the things are awesome. Biggest issue was the hydrolock caused by the cases filling with fuel before I knew of such issues and fitted a fuel cutoff.

Sev, thanks for that, I had to clean them recently as they werent seating right. Spares a good idea.

6. The needles are seating ok at the moment. I tested them when they were off the bike a couple weeks ago. Before that Ive had to clean them because they had fuels deposits preventing them from closing properly.

Only needs 2 or 3 pumps to start cold. Thanks Sev I will order some.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information