1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Throttle Spacers-ebay

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Skye Hook, May 9, 2021.

1. Hmmmm.Just sold my 848 and got a lovely low mileage 959, weather shite so only one hour riding in the last week. immediately the throttle slack/lurch was an issue,and of course an easy fix ...right?
    I should've gone to the Ducatispacers site but got a set from ebay instead.
    IMG_6299.JPG IMG_6298.JPG
    I may very well be a bit thick,but they were too wide to get in between the grip and the throttle slide to start with,unless you take off the bar ends ( unknown star nut head),so i filed a mil or so off them and pushed them into place.the first one snapped at the top,leaving a 2 mm gap,and same with the other.my impression is that these Chinese made parts are simply molded from the originals and then injection cast,but they forgot to factor in shrinkage from the molding process,so they are too small,and are bound to split.Nayone else had this issue or am I indeed just a bit thick? certainly £35 lighter anyways.

2. Hi got mine from speedo angels based in the UK they stock Ducati spacers USA proper ones . Maybe rub some lithium grease on them too . All helps I suppose . As it’s a UK supplier probably easier to deal with too .

#2 Sharky67, May 9, 2021
    Last edited: May 9, 2021
  3. I also got mine from E-bay for my Monster. When they arrived they had a small section missing (bad moulding) so I asked for an address to return them for a replacement. They refunded my money so I decided to fit them & if they broke then no issues but they both fitted fine so a free upgrade for me. That's a first !!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information