1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Throttle Spacers.....whos Got Them And What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by HyperActivePaul, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Hey Guys & Girls,

Ive literally just fitted the spacer kit to my 899 and wont have a chance to ride it for a few days so was wondering who has them and what exactly do you think???

What i have noticed when riding that when around town in traffic and fluctuating speed it was quite bumpy & notchy as when you twist throttle a little you expect more, what i mean by that is....if i twist it 5% im expecting 5% but only getting say 3% because 2% was slop/free play if that makes sense.

Also blipping for downshift is an art form with so much slop.

Your advice and experience welcome

Paul

2. I fitted them to my 1299. Best mod ever as its a 5min job and gets rid of that play.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fitted then to my 959 and one of the best mods, really makes a difference at low speeds and takes a bit of the jerkiness out of the throttle

• Like Like x 1
  4. Most old fashioned bikes with cables had some free play at the grip and it wasn't much of an issue. I don't understand what all the fuss is about with these spacer kits. My 1299 doesn't have the kit and has some play like they all do as they come from the factory. My S1000R has no play at all at the grip. I don't find any difference in the rideability of the two bikes. My biggest gripe with the 1299 is the unpredictability of small throttle openings. Sometimes you get a load of revs, other times you get hardly any, and yes I am using it with the engine power mode set to max.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That is what the spacers are for,with the fbw throttle and added free play adds up to unpredictable small throttle movements.Got to be worth a fiver to try them.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. EXACTLY ;)

7. I don't find throttle control any better I've got to be honest. I didn't think it was an issue to begin with. You know the first couple of degrees of throttle does nothing so just learn to ride around it.

Blipping on downshifts is way easier though

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Where have you seen them for a Fiver?

9. Fiver is slang for £20 :blush:

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. I know the Diavel is FBW, but, I've never had this system before, so difficult to know if it's got problems, or is it good out of the box.

The Diavel seems to ride OK without any excessive free play in the throttle.

Are the spacers a recommended upgrade for any FBW system, or just the Panni?

11. I've got one on my 1199 it does exactly what it says, removes the free play. The throttle on this bike is the most awkward disconnected thing I've ever ridden but I think that's mostly down to the nature of the engine.
    I'd say it helps most in towns when its start stop and low speed but even then I just stick it in wet mode.

12. I've got one on my 1199 it does exactly what it says, removes the free play. The throttle on this bike is the most awkward disconnected thing I've ever ridden but I think that's mostly down to the nature of the engine.
    I'd say it helps most in towns when its start stop and low speed but even then I just stick it in wet mode.

13. Fiver is a Jacks or duke
    Ayrton is Ten
    Roger is twenty
    :)

14. I have them fitted and think they are fantastic. Not really sure why the free play was ever there. My considerably cheaper RC8s and Gixxer never had it

15. I've had them on a few bikes I've worked on.

They are ok for the concept and the type of people that aren't very mechanically inclined, you can also use cable ties and gorilla glue and fine tune it to your specific feel

16. You can do it for nothing if you have some heatshrink and a tri wing screwdriver bit to take the assembly apart.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. I've put these in on my 2015 Panigale R, you twist, it responds. Exactly how I would expect it to be really. But hey, everyone is different and of course this isn't for everybody.

However, what I will say is that it makes a difference to motorway riding. It's ever so subtle but it just allows your arm/wrist to rest at a slightly different angle when cruising and just feels a touch more relaxed, again, maybe just me though

18. I believe the fly by wire already has in built lag programmed in. So the extra play on the throttle spring isn' needed and makes the engine jerky especially at 30mph.
    But I've rode my mates 1199 and his didn't suffer from the issue so maybe it' bike dependant.
    I fitted the spacer straight away and haven't looked back. It definitely fixed the issue.

19. Sorry to reawaken this thread, but I've got one of these kits for sale if anyone's interested. Fits 1260 Multistrada, and makes for a more direct throttle connection. £15 + PP Spacers.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information