1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R Throttle Spacers

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Kempy, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Anyone fitted the pani throttle spacers yet?
    I find the throttle a bit of a light switch when coming off a closed throttle - esp when with the doris on the back and I'm trying to be gentle (well gentler).

Guessing the mod will sort it but wondering if anyone has any real world experience.

I've included a linky thing for anyone that's wondering what the hell im on about.

Ducati Spacers

2. Never heard of these - interesting. the 1200R obviously uses the Pani throttle but it appears the 'play' is more than just poor design / manufacturing to me

3. Ian, the official line is that the "play" is by design to make the ride by wire throttle react and feel like an old style cable operated throttle where you would take up the slack in the cable before anything happened. Of course with no cables it's completely unnecessary now. My personal feeling is it makes the transition from off the throttle to on snatchy and it ends up feeling like like the throttle is on/off.

Thanks for the video Red... looks like it does what I'm after - smooth out on/off throttle transitions.

4. My 1200S was very snatchy when brand new, but has eased up considerably since (now over 4500 miles) - could just be you need some miles on the bike? Or it could be I've just got used to it.

I appreciate the R is likely different from an S - made out of unicorn shavings etc.... :grin::smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. In fairness, my 1200R was 'snatchy' when I got it but it had been 27 years since I'd ridden !! It got better with a few miles but putting the Termi exhaust + ECU re-map from Ducati made the biggest difference to low throttle fueling / smoothness

6. The throttle spacer doesn't change the way the bike reacts once past the dead movement, so you would probably get used to the predicting the slop wih time. Personally, I couldn't stand it on my 959 and 1299 because it made off/on throttle movements impossible to properly predict (in terms of when the throttle action would register). Also made it very hard to blip for downshifts accurately.

By far and away the easiest and most useful modification to mine.

7. Cheers Jolley. That's what I find, a fraction turn to take up the slack then the throttle fires on. I'm used to big power and light switch throttles and usually fit quick action throttles to my bikes as I feel they give more control. I find the slop makes it hard to predict and gives less control and feel.

Well I've ordered the spacers today. I'll report back once I've got them fitted.

Appreciate the responses. Cheers.

8. After reading this, I ordered some. Came in 10 days. Fitted in less than 10 mins.

I was surprised how much more confident I feel - no slack or slop on the throttle. Just a really positive feeling. Well worth the money.

9. That sounds positive.
    I've got mine but night had the time to fit them yet.

10. "Night"? Let's try that again shall we, "not" had the chance to fit them yet. Shows how busy I am eh? I can't even take the time to reply properly...

11. If you made a brew, you wouldn't have time to drink it by the time you've fitted them Lol. Get ya finger out ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. no VAT or handling charges at customs?

13. No. Nothing. I was expecting it. It took 3 days to get across USA and to Heathrow, the 4 days to get to Lancashire Lol

14. Cheers Ian, I have been caught out before on a $22 item, paid VAT then a £15 handling charge from the Post Office.

15. Yep - been there before myself :)

16. Same for me.
    The spacers weren't stopped at customers so didn't incure any charges.

17. My money is on the latter

18. I bought mine from JHP Ducati Coventry. Arrived next day.

19. Fitted n' tested today when I got for in from work.
    Just what I was after sorted the "issue" I had.

You were right, took me longer to get my gear on for the ride than it did to fit the spacers.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information