1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Throttle Spacers

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Duc1299, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Hi Guys, has anyone fitted this kit, if so is it worth it and does it actually make for a better throttle response, as the ad claims.

I previously fitted a quick throttle to my blade and did see the differnace

Cheers

2. Yes. Had them on 959 and 1299. All it does is close the gap built into the mechanism so there isn’t the slop at the start of the movement. Makes it much more predictable in traffic when you are on/off the throttle.

To clarify.... it isn’t a quick action throttle... the throttle response will be the same. It just removes the slack you can feel if you go give it a twiddle now.

#2 Jolley, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks guys, so is it worth installing

4. Absolutely. Moved them from the 959 to the 1299, and taken them back out again to put on the new 959. It just means that any throttle movement gets a reaction, rather than those random few degrees of nothing. For £25 I don’t think it is worth not doing.... but maybe it depends how you ride. I just found the gentle on/off throttle moments really jerky without the spacers.

Apparently the play in the system is a legal requirement. Can’t think why though!

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've fitted several to customers bikes and the feedback has all been good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Makes blipping on downshifts easier other than that there’s not a lot of difference

After a few miles your wrist learns where the free play ends and where the throttle opening starts and you just ride around it I found

The extra few degrees of twist required made blipping awkward which is why I got them

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Personally I haven't bothered, I'm used to the tiny amount of backlash. If I were to do the mod I'd save my money and use a bit of heat shrink instead buying a kit.
    I'm sure someone on here suggested heat shrink, can't remember who it was but great idea :upyeah:

#7 Andy800, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  8. I'm sure someone posted a Blue Peter solution a while a go...:bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Ok, I’m convinced, I’ve ordered a set for April, lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. thanks derek,works a treat,2p worth of adhesive 3;1 heat shrink fits perfect

• Like Like x 1
  11. I fitted the kit. I hate sloppy throttles/excessive free play.
    When I had bikes in for servicing years back when it was cables, I always adjusted the the hideous factory supplied free play out.
    Add this to a properly adjusted chain as well and most customers would come back and ask if I'd tuned or tweaked there bikes. Massive difference, no mote bungy effect.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I glued a small shim on to the throttle tube.
    Easy peasy cheap n easy. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I bought a set and fitted, so come April i will know the difference

#14 Duc1299, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
Do Not Sell My Personal Information