1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thruxton R

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by gazza77, Aug 17, 2019.

1. I keep enviously glancing at these, and considering getting one. Anyone ridden one and got any feedback as to how they go, especially if comparing to a Monster 1200?

2. I test rode the 900 a while back, and coming off my then monster s4rs it felt slow. Although saying that it also felt a lot of fun in that you could use all the power available without fear of losing traction or flipping the bike over.
    They look great, I’m certainly up for a test ride on the 1200.

#3 Carr01, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Fantastic bike!
    Light,agile, sounds glorious with the Vance and hines exhaust.
    Torque is amazing and will out gun most sports bikes on the twisty roads.I've ridden the 1200 monster(test ride) the Thruxton felt quicker and turned in quicker. However the monster felt more stable.
    20170827_171351.jpg

20170827_153018.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. They do like nice. I should get a ride on one.

5. Eye candy or what:yum
    Triumph-Thruxton-R-AMR-Vittel-2.jpg

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. They are lovely looking things.

How is comfort? Most of my ride outs end up being at least 3-4 hours, which is fine on the Monster. My previous Benelli however was torture afte 30 mins.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Very comfy.Looks like you're in a sporty position but its comfier than it looks.
    I've heard the race fairing is uncomfortable as the handle bars need to be lower.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I had a look at a couple today, one with, one without. Apparently it's possible to keep the higher bars with the fairing, although not many do.

9. My only regret was not having that fairing.:(:broken_heart:

• Like Like x 2
  10. There's a 0 mile example in my local dealer. It does look smart, I have to say. :) :upyeah:

11. There is one on Bumtree, with 200 miles on it ex Demo £1500 below new price. I have 2013 900 SE, absolutely at one with the bike.

P1030692.JPG

12. Is that pic of your bike or the one for sale?

13. That’s the $*%#<*+=~}_[] version according to the side panel!

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  14. I’ve ridden one, awesome bit of kit, and the old man has a 900 which I’ve ridden to Scotland without bother.

I’ll leave this here...

ACC04C06-50E9-4B9E-B93F-B9C9FE724817.jpeg

32E0DE69-003F-4D08-9933-27EF1CD81E8D.jpeg

62506B9E-4D7A-489C-9763-436306354F62.jpeg

047DF0C7-61E9-4B0E-853F-F513C0F1B15B.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  15. I do like the look of them, but why do they keep making them with the fake carbs etc . I think that spoils it as it's a modern bike after all .

16. I have one - it's a brilliant bike. Comfort is good, given that it has clip-ons and a fairly sporty riding position, but if you're used to a supersports machine it's not at all extreme. There's bucketloads of torque, and that's very addictive.

Oh, what the heck. Don't take any notice of what I say. I'm biassed because I have one - just read any of the road test reports on the web.

What I would say is that the premium on the 'R' is worthwhile. I doubt whether the new special is worth the added cost (but even that will hold its value well because they won't sell very many... I also love the look with the fairing - this is the only bike I've ever owned where people always want to talk about it, take photos of it and so on. It's special.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Just bought one of these Thruxton R's, Going for my second run on it tomorrow, Really nice bike,
    Got it a couple weeks ago with only 6 miles on it.
    s-l1600.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information