1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time To Buy Another D16

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Italianstallion, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Having previously owned a d16r and missing it heavily since having to sell it a while back due to my dog needing a lot of operations.
    I feel that once my knee is back on board with life I will have to pull the pin and purchase another.
    What’s the general consensus on things to look out for and avoid as when I bought my first it was relatively new so there were no common flaws to speak of.
    I’m
    Not interested in garage queen as I like to ride them

2. More importantly how is the dog ?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. We managed to get him another 5 years of quality life before the inevitable happened.
    Wouldn’t change a thing about that decision though. Bikes are just metal

• Like Like x 16
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. The right answer... which puts reasonable ones on your radar rather than the sheffield show ponies. :)

I hope you find one for the right money - a noble decision made deserves good karma back.
    :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I have been
    To see a couple so far and I can’t belive how bad condition they are.
    I do think a lot of owners maybe didn’t adhere to the schedules and have let them go a bit but now expect top price for the machine.
    Prices I’ve looked at range froum 40 ish to 50.
    Not found one that tickles my fancy yet.
    That superleggera is pretty hot tho

#6 Italianstallion, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2018
  6. Don't ignore the Panigale 1299R FE, serious bang for the bucks, SL electronics and almost SL power without the SL price tag. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I
    Just love the desmo! First one
    I ever see was at motrapido and I fell in love with it

• Like Like x 2
  8. Strangely, there is a brand new FE in their window :D

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. get it bought lad... and get a pack of hobnobettini thrown in for good measure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Get the D16, they really are something special.

• Like Like x 1
  11. How much? I know of a brand new SP3 851 for sale :eyes:

• Like Like x 2
  12. I thought the FE was a S not the R? :thinkingface:

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Most definitely an R. Andy

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. List, £34,995. Andy

15. Apologies, it’s just come to me.......it was the Anniversario that was the S.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I'm sure your knee will be fine. I find the D16RR more roomy than the 1098 and Pani for my 6'1" frame. :upyeah:

A few things -
    • General consensus is to buy a higher numbered bike (> frame no. 1000). I believe some enigine modifications have taken place with these bikes
    • 16" rear tyres aren't available anymore and were poor to start with. I had to put BST carbon wheels in mine to get a 17" rear wheel at a cost of over £2k. You can put a 999R rear wheel in for a cheaper option.
    • I'd say condition and history are more important than miles. But that goes for everything in my eyes.
    • If you can get one with a GP07 exhaust, these were about a £6k option at the time and difficult to find now. I'd expect to pay more for a comparible bike with this option.
    • A rear hugger was also about £400 at the time.
    Buy one. :imp:

Pic opportunity.
    Des.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  17. But not a homologation Special which the R’s were supposed to be, just a marketing excercise so most defiantly not a proper R

18. Ride one. Performance above and beyond the 1199R and Panigale R. Andy

19. It’s what Baylis is racing down below

Do Not Sell My Personal Information