1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips For Watching At Valencia?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Dave, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Hi all

I'm planning on taking my 80 year old Dad to see MotoGP at Valencia in November. My Brother lives an hour or so away so we will combine with a holiday to see him and his family.

I've found some options here but I wonder if any of you have any tips based on experience of watching racing there? Best grandstands, access etc. especially given that he is 80!

https://www.global-tickets.com/en/S...ia/MotoGP-Sunday-Tickets-Cheste-Valencia.html

Thanks

2. Hi Dave
    My wife and I have been going to Valencia MotoGP for the last 5 years (based on my miscalculated guess it would be Rossi’s last season but he confounds me every year )
    Most of the circuit viewing is very exposed and last year with the heavy rain would have been a nightmare.
    We throw a bit of money at it and spend the weekend on the VIP Terrace which although expensive would be a great experience for your dad.
    You’ll get parking in the car park behind the paddock with direct access to the terrace, inclusive food and drinks (including beer, wine, cava). There’s a large covered lounge with t.v screens, a band and DJ, a large open terrace serving beer with a BBQ and it’s own small grandstand. You’d be right on the start line over the garages (Aprilia & Suzuki this year). It’s next to the podium so you can see the riders up close after the races. There’s also timed paddock passes included so you can wander among the teams getting photos and autographs.
    It’s not full of wealthy knobs, just really enthusiastic supporters. I stood next to King Carlos there a couple of years ago and chatted to Rossi’s helicopter pilot.
    As you’ve got accommodation sorted you won’t have that added expense.
    We’ll be there again this November maybe we’ll see you there.
    Doug

• Like Like x 1
  3. Despite the added cost, I can second what @Doug Howell says. We did the VIP Village at Laguna Seca for my 60th and we are doing the same at Mugello for my 65th. Adds a whole new special dimension to the weekend. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks Doug. I notice that seats on the VIP Terrace are not numbered. Are there plenty of them and easy to get a place with a good view? My Dad is 80 so won't be up for barging his way to the front!

I wondered about a Box - £158 per person including a numbered seat, but no food or drink supplied. I don't suppose you know if they are covered or not do you?

5. If you look on the Ricardo Tormo circuit web site, there is a virtual tour tool. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Dave,
    It’s all open plan in the VIP terrace so you can pick your spot. As at any event of this type it’s best to grab a couple of beers 1/2 hour before the main races and claim your spot. We usually sit in the small open grandstand (100ish seats) at the end of the terrace with a view of 80% of the circuit with the big screen directly in front. The covered terrace gets busy and is standing room only and bloody loud as it’s only the pit lane width distant from the start/finish straight.
    We spend the weekend there with a coach transfer by the booking company. The traffic on the Sunday is a nightmare made worse last year (and i’d expect this year) by major construction work near the circuit on the old camping/ parking area.
    We did Mugello MotoGP last year in a box and while it was a mega weekend and a more intimate area, we did feel disconnected from the event so would do the terrace there next time too.
    My dads 82 and enjoys the racing too but if I was to take him to Valencia i’d get a Saturday VIP terrace pass, take in all the atmosphere, have a good look round in a more relaxed environment then watch the race at my brothers while he supplies beer & burgers
    Cheers Doug

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information