1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire Options - Pirelli Markings

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by SuzaFan, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Hi all,
    Does someone know what these letter markings mean for Pirelli tires.
    E.g. Pirelli Diablo Rosso III with different letters ("E", "D", or without letter) --> 190/55 ZR 17 M/C (75W) TL (E), 190/55 ZR 17 M/C (75W) TL (D).
    Also, for Pirelli Angel GT II, there are 190/55 ZR 17 M/C (75W) TL (A) with "A" and variant without "A".
    As I would like to fit more road/sport oriented tires I wonder which variant of Angel GT II or Diablo Rosso would fit to my bike?
    Also a question, is Angel GT II more sport oriented on the road than Scorpion Trail II (easier turning, lean angle, better grip etc...)
    What do you think about Diablo Rosso III option?
    I ride only on road, mostly alone, lot of city driving and commuting, no panniers/luggage.

Thanx for answers/opinions

Goran

2. Thread moved

3. Well, actually, all the tire markings explained on that website are aready familiar to me...
    These letters that Pirelli uses are not explained and it doesn’t seem to me like something standardized...
    Will take a look at that Metzeler...

4. On the Pirelli site https://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/...equipment-on-the-new-monster-1200-and-1200-s/
    Here’s some info I found on the Demon Tweeks site
    • Front C - 120/70 ZR17 M/C (58W) TL 3819700 - dedicated version with higher stiffness for Original Equipment Ducati Monster 2020.
    • Front D - 120/70 ZR17 M/C (58W) TL 2807800 - dedicated version with higher stiffness for Original Equipment Ducati Monster (all models).
    • Front K - 120/70 ZR17 M/C (58W) TL 3773200 - dedicated version with higher stiffness for Original Equipment Kawasaki Ninja H2.
    • Rear D - 190/55 ZR17 M/C (75W) TL 3042900 - dedicated version with higher stiffness for Original Equipment Ducati Monster 1200 MY > 2017

5. Wow thanx, that’s most probably the answer...
    I also found that A spec for Angel GT 2 means version for heavier bike/riding mostly with passenger and fully loaded.
    So in my case, this wouldn’t be needed.
    Now I just wonder how Angel GT 2 compares to original tire on Multistrada, the Scorpion Trail 2.
    Grip, handling, lean angle...
    I must say that Scorpion Trail 2 allows some fun sporty road riding, but as I will never use my bike off road, I just wonder if Angel GT 2 would be even better for road, giving more grip and better lean angle...

6. Angel GT2 works well on the Multi. I would say, having used Angel GT2 and then Conti Road Attack3 on a KTM 1290 gt, that the Conti is a better tyre. Keeps its profile, more feel, more confidence in all conditions.
    I dont think the Angel is an improvement over the Scorpion.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information