1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Tire Pressure Sensors

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Espen, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Initial oil service today on the 1260S and i had the tire pressure sensors fitted. Instantly the display shows front and rear pressure. At 4 degrees C and rain back from service I could watch the pressure go from 2.5 bar rear to 2.7 bar after 30 minutes of motorway riding. A really nice and I think poorly documented function.

IMG_1456.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  2. Are the sensors an "after market" item (I mean, did you buy them separately)? Are they part of a package? If not what is the cost?

It's something that interests me and is indeed VERY poorly documented (if at all). In a recent visit to the dealer they were unaware of the existence of such a feature. Imagine ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The sensors are oem items from Ducati. When i picked the bike up for delivery I ordered them for fitting on the initial run in service. I saw a poor dash image somewhere online and figured I have to try this.

They set me back around €450 including 1 hour work. I believe I was told they cost around €300 if delivered with the bike from factory.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I bought an aftermarket TPMS system and fitted it myself for around £50. I find it very satisfactory. I would prefer not to pay 300 or 450, thank you.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Totally agree. If I finally take the plunge, I will try to get this as a "present" from the dealer. Otherwise I am perfectly satisfied with my SteelMate system (which I currently use on my '11 MTS, bought for less than 100 €)

6. I agree. The Multistrada should have had TPMS included as standard from 2010. The factory have been a bit slow on this issue.

7. i've tried to order the 1260 pp with the TPMS and the spanish dealer told me that this system is not working well, so they don't want to install it. So, I'll receive the bike without TPMS. A Pitty

8. :astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:

WHAT?!? That's insane. If you've got a Garmin GPS you can each sensor for about £60 each and install them as simply as screwing off the old valve caps and screwing these on instead.

Does the Ducati one need to be fitted inside the wheel? Or is it a different set of valve caps or stems?

9. I think its worth every penny. Been wanting something like this for ages on all my previous sportsbikes.

10. It's at least three times more than an after market system. It's not worth every penny. It's just bad marketing at a totally exaggerated price. It's Ducati making money out of something that is really cheap and should be absolutely standard equipment on a big touring bike.

11. Hi Espen
    Need some advise regarding the Ducati OEM TPS.... installed a month ago at the dealer via the software only but only imstalled physically today in the rims while changed also new tires. So far no pressure is showing on the display.... only dashes. Could it be that I need to drive off for some time to activate? Haven't had time to try bike since installation earlier today.
    Appreciate your feedback....!

12. Hi, I´m not sure how this works. I guess they have to be paired with the bike somehow? I bought mine from the dealer, installed and activated.

13. Yep, that's per unit. They are sold individually

14. @Espen a question about the readout on the dash... can it be configured to show pressures in PSI, or is it only bar?

15. Thanks! Yes installed via the Ducati Software Links to bike. They each Have a uniique code which you input with keyboard to the software.... 1 for frt & 1 for rear and activate this feature from the software. I will ride later today & see if they trigger.

16. Hi there
    As I thought, sensors must go in 'sleep mode if bike is not used. They showed pressures on dash after 1min driving. All good & work well. Cannot see that pressure can be set to show anything other than Bar.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. I think very useful to indicate a problem but not good at giving you your real pressures. I was on holiday with a mate who had them on KTM, and he always worried there was a problem every morning after the tpm showed inconsistent pressures. There was no problems with the tyres etc and we ended up using my old manual pressure guage which cured his worry and we could all crack on not looking for an airline. Also it isn't in PSI its no use to me.

18. Personally can’t see the point of constant pressure readings, to me it’s just another worry gauge if your that way inclined, with pressures going up or down with temperature or riding style or you end up ignoring it, all you need is an audible warning when your pressures are dropping. My car manages to do this without pressure gauges ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information