1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tis A Funny Old World

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Finski 13, Oct 5, 2020.

1. View attachment 220886 Bought my new stead a Ufati 1250S D'air from Pro Twins at a fantastic deal.
    All intense and purposes I was up to buy a 950S after all the good reviews from the latest model but after speaking to Brett initially and him showing me the 950S they had on a workbench being PDI'd for a lucky customer Brett at the shop not being pushy never even asked for my number although they did know me from when I worked for Dobles Honda and via a good friend who they sponsored.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I viewed the bikes in Chelmsford Ducati who as nice as they were were only talking full retail for everything even though I had been trade etc so knocked that on the head...

I made a few calls and was offered a good deal, or so I thought for a 950S with heated grips and the first service thrown in and would even deliver it free but that had to be in that new funky white greyish GP colour which I was not so keen on. I emailed Brett to say what I had been offered and he had said he could work something out for me. what did he have in mind?...
    I said I just wished the 950 was a little lower as I struggle with taller bikes... He said the 1260 would be ideal but to me that was to much over my budget as I wanted the Sky Hook suspenders not the base model and the 1260S was a lot more let a lone my dream bike the Pikes Peak.

Got a message a couple of days later from my friend David who they helped out via facebook to say give him a bell urgently as Brett never had my number and as he might have something that I might like...

How about a their ex demo 1260S D'air with only 89 miles on the clock thanks to Covid 19 and less than 2 months old... and all for the same price as 950S......

Sure they will be making a few quid as they are subsidised being demo's from the factory but they didnt have to sell it at that price... so hats off to them they are small good team who know their Dukes.... Thanks again to everyone for all your help while I kit this out in drips and drabs money permitting..

Par, nearly forgot from the Title its a funny old world. got a pm on here from another ex racer mate Dougie Howell who also has a multistrada....... I'm the greedy old man in the middle with the biggest trophies Dougie on the right and Monkey boy Hallet ex MSS Kawasaki Superstock rider to the left.

119971791_10159115950514595_2611986740625224157_n.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Welcome to the Forum Finski:upyeah:

3. Welcome dude

4. Hello and welcome to the forum

5. Welcome :):upyeah:

6. Hi and welcome

7. Welcome to the forum

8. Hello :upyeah:.

9. I'm glad you survived Brett's S & M dungeon downstairs,;).......welcome on board.:motorcycleduc::upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Well I do walk funny now XH558...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Welcome aboard great write up but where the pictures

• Like Like x 1
  12. Greetings from the past.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Where are my bins we like bins and it keeps me happy :)

Welcome to our funny old forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Well as we are neighbours now Kevster I think its only right you get me a pint one evening when this Covid is over

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sounds like a good plan.
    F’ knows when it will be with the current covid measures in place.

16. Nice photo Finski, those were the days
    I think when I pm’d you I said that I’d also got my Mutley from Protwins and have nothing but praise for their sales & service.
    Be good to catch up some time.
    Doug #19

17. Meet up some time with you and Tyler perhaps Dougie

Do Not Sell My Personal Information