1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To All Fcr Owners...

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Desmoquattro, Sep 21, 2017.

1. I'm running a 165 main just Now, which seems quite good. Everything else bar the slow fuel is as standard as it came.

Question Is what's everyone running in the slow fuel, had a 55 in yesterday and trying a 58 today, felt it was hanging ever so slightly on the 55. Took bike in for MOT and it stalled when I slipped throttle at one point, suggesting rich, it also felt a little sluggish at low throttle opening. They came with a 60 as standard so I may have to go down again? Perhaps a 52, which is very lean?

Thoughts please?

2. I can't remember what slow fuel jet I have in mine. I appreciate this is no help towards answering your question but, I have problems with the revs hanging on a hot day. This never happened before I fitted hi comp pistons!
    I trawled the internet to try and find a solution.
    My own search lead me to the conclusion that no one had successfully solved the rev hanging issue.
    I had intended to try changing slow fuel jets but after a lot of reading/searching, I didn't bother.
    I hope you find a solution or someone on here offers a tried and tested method.

3. I think the fuelling is actually ok. I've gone down to 52s on the pilot and it seems pretty good. I had to swap back to the Kukosan black boxes though. I need to spend more time on the Ignitech as its just not working great. Its got a bit of a hanging issue after lots of throttle.

4. I'm running a 60 slow jet with 165 main and 200 air jet. Engine is 944cc with high comp pistons and gasflowed heads, carbs are split singles on short manifolds. It does hang a little sometimes but improved massively after re-syncing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Personally, I think fitting FCRs are a waste of money and time, given they seem to have create more issues than usual with the stock Mikunis.

But still, if someone wants to fit them its their choice; however if a change of carbs is really wanted, I would fit Dellortos.

Having distracted myself with the above digression, I meant to say that on four carbed SSs, I found that 'hanging' was quite common when the stock carbs were in good condition and set up right; and it was caused by too high a tickover. Bringing the idle speed down to 1100rpm or a bit less cured it each time.

6. Thanks Al, the carbs are staying. Perhaps in a parallel dimension my bike would've been fitted with Mikunis performance carbs as they seem like a decent alternative.

7. Mine ran really rich at idle with 60's, and the slow fuel screw screw made no difference whatsoever. Went down to 55's, which cleaned and sharpened things up noticeably. Have tried 52's, but a bit hesitant - bike seems happier all round with the 55's, so have stayed with them.
    Never had any problems with revs hanging - FCR's and Ignitech fitted for about 9 years now. FWIW, till running original coils (gas flowed, JE's, etc).
    You can try my 52's if you want!​

8. Thanks for the offer but I have plenty jets. I'll put the 55s in again as the screws are backed out quite a bit on the 52s

9. Lol, I spent about 200 quid on running issues once for my Husqvarna, trying to sort it out over a period of about 3 months. Yours has been going on for more like 3 years.

In the end I just bought a new carb and got 50 quid for the old one on ebay.

It went bwaaaaaaaaaaaarp ring ding ding straight away.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Rich, for the most part the issues I have been facing have been a bad coil from CA Cycleworks. In another post I talked about it. It's pretty much sorted, however I am settling with the carbs to try and smooth tho vs out a bit as I know it can be better. The bike has never run as well as it does right now. Went out for 200 miles the other day and the grin factor is high. The Ignitech isn't connected yet, that's the next step over winter. I could've had the bike sorted a while ago if I had paid someone. But I have learnt more by persisting with it myself.

Interesting Sev, that's leaner than it was setup with. Float height is 9mm too. I'm currently on a 160. It pulls well just now.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information