1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toasted Bum On Panigale

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Gp80, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Check this out......

2. Having owned two panigales can't say I've ever noticed the problem to the extent some mention it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nor me. The cafe racer I had a test ride on a couple months ago with the Ducati UK open day, was far warmer than my Panigale/s.

4. And after being out this afternoon and got caught in a downpour the extra bit of heat was quite nice

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you want heat try touching the frame of an s1000rr after a good spanking!

You could fry an egg on it

6. No hot ride faster

7. Once the o/s air temps >30, you will notice the heat. It stems from the cast rear subframe for me as I also have a full Ti Akro and thats cooler than the oem apparently. I bought some carbon frame covers from Lieb-Speed.de and thats sorted the issue out for me. Which incidentally is some of the best crafted carbon Ive ever bought. PLus Ive DEI Gold under seat and inside akro heat shield.

Why the engineers at Ducati thought it ok to bolt a cast ally subframe directly to the rear cylinder without adding some method of isolation for heat transfer is beyond me. Its so obvious as to be a design flaw.

I understand some 3-4mm ceramic washers wouldve helped. Ive not done this mod as Ive cured my issues with the Lieb-Speed covers.

Under normal UK conditions its fine, but once you are in the o/s air temps of 34 it roasts your chestnuts. As the subframe cannot seem to reject the heat fast enough.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information