1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today Mystery Object

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Dodgy Dave, Jul 15, 2012.

1. TMO 1.jpg TMO 2.jpg TMO 3.jpg

Hi Guys this widget came in my MTS 1200 tool kit - any ideas what it is for ?

TMO 1.jpg

TMO 2.jpg

TMO 3.jpg

2. Device for checking chain tension, as per the handbook.

3. You use it for when checking the chain tension, although it says in manual to be done by dealer, it is very easy to do (especially with one of Andy W c spanners!!)

4. it's an expresso cup holder

5. I do have the Super Spanner, and the instructions on the label are clear enough, can't find referance to the widget either in my Handbook or the Workshop Manual on the CD. It's not an issue - just idle musings. (Rode and polished the bike, cleaned out the fish tank, cut the grass, sold a few bits in the Bay, bought the Fallon Belt Book off Amazon, just waiting for Antiques !!)

6. Great piece of kit! Very accurate ie there can be no discussion, it's either correct or it's wrong!

7. Nah it's a picture hook 

8. http://mts1200.info/mts12_faq/chain_adjuster/mts1200_hub_spanner.htm

Motorcycle Info Pages - 'How to' & FAQs > MTS1200 Chain Adjustment
    .....a few updates to be added to that when I get chance in the next day or two ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Old school ruler...? :tongue:

• Like Like x 2
  10. It's a bra clip puller ......? From JML

11. All bikes should have a little gizmo like this, it's pretty awesome.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. When was the last time you saw the term "decimetre"? - that bit of wood must be over 40 years old, - prob. last used for flicking inky blobs of paper at Perkins in the front row.

• Like Like x 2
  13. It has been stored in a drawer with a rubber which has left marks on it. Which is what they do as they get old and unused.

Elementary my dear Watson.

My next case will be The Red-Headed League.

14. Is it a thing that prises your wallet open and keeps it open so when the bike goes wrong ?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Can't be, everyone knows multi's don't go wrong.

'nah it's a clip for multi owners embroidery frames.

16. Definitely a thing for getting stoned boy scouts out of horses hooves .... or have I misunderstood the instructions on my swiss army knife?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stoned little boy scout??????????????????????????? ................tripping

18. Another great device - last used for calculating the orbit of Uranus by Copper Nickers !

TMOone.jpg

TMOone.jpg

19. Dave is that a cylindrical slide rule?

20. Hi CJ, yes it is. It used belong to my father, he was an analytical chemist. It is made by Otis I think; it takes me about twenty minutes to figure out which bit to twist to what number every time I want to play at being a scientist !!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information