1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomaselli Throttle

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by Multiverse, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Hi
    I have given up trying to make the 2 into one throttle cable on my allazura work effectively. I have managed to pick up a 2 entry style tomaselli throttle grip housing as used on the pantah darmah and a few other Italian stallions. Unfortunately the 2nd hand part is missing the little part that clips on the underside to hold the two ends of the cables in place ( it's about an inch long - or 25.4 ish mm!, with a pair of slits to allow the cable to fit in and then a larger recess for the outer cables.
    I'm hoping someone has one they can sell me or failing that I can someone post a few photos so I can fashion one from a solid piece of plastic.
    many thanks in advance
    Keith MM

2. What the frog am I talking about. It's a verlicchi throttle assembly- doh! Pictures included this time. that funny but that slots in! image.jpeg image.jpeg

3. Its the same throttle on Guzzis, allowing you to cast your net further. I think there's also a clip required that then holds the missing piece in place

4. Off topic, but Tomaselli Throttle would be a great name for an Italian :italy: MotoGP rider. :)

5. Still on topic then really :)

6. Entirely on topic actually. :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cheers Pete, I can now fettle one from solid plastic!
    K

8. If you need more photos, dimensions etc just let me know.

9. Hi
    I finally fettled and whittled a clip from a solid block of plastic. It does work but the 'quality of clipping in place' is lacking slightly! Every now no then it will pop out, usually with at least one if the cable ends popping out. Chuffing PITA. Anyway I have just wrapped some PVC tape around the whole assembly. Works well enough but not quite the aesthetic outcome I was expecting! I guess I could draw one up and then 3D print one out - I'll add that to the long list! Here's a couple of photos just in case someone goes- oh! I've got a spare one of those at the bottom of a box!
    Keith mm
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

10. A thin black zip tie might solve that if you can fit it so it doesn't foul any switches

Do Not Sell My Personal Information