1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomtom 500/550 Advise Needed.

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Yoozy, Apr 20, 2019.

1. IMG_0044.JPG Right chaps. Just got me self a new 500, and it's easy enough to set up a spose, but.
    In my route planning settings I have it set to "always ask me"
    Yet whenever I put a destination in it never asks how I want to get there, fastest, winding etc.
    Once I've got the route at, "let's go" I have to go back in the menu and change it.
    Is this normal, or have I got a duffer?

2. Not quite sure what you mean Yoozy, but the windy roads and stuff paramaters you set yourself before setting destination, and the ask me bit is only if the Tomtom finds an alternative faster route which sounds a bit daft to me as obviously that's the faster route ?
    Or am I missing something as well :worried:

3. I thought if I put “brokes house” in it would ask, fastest, eco, windy etc then plan it.

I can do the route planner on mymaps. It’s just the heading for a single direction on the Tom Tom that’s bugging me.

4. I use a TomTom app on a cheap Android phone. The app is basically the same as the one in the TomTom device and I often use it to follow routes I made on my desktop at home and transferred as gpx files. These are normally not straightforward routes and periodically, my app will show an alternate route to the one I planned, (in green as opposed to the normal magenta line), suggesting that this will save me X minutes etc. In this sense, it is asking me if I want the faster route. The settings is the place to choose fast, shortest etc. as the normal default but as I am following a "track" rather than a set of waypoints in a "route", I leave the setting at fastest.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Nah! it doesn't do that, it only does that sometimes after you've set your preferences.
    Thought I had an issue with my 410 once, pressed home on it coming back from the West country and approaching the M4 it wanted me to head east, scratched my head on this for a while, then discovered I'd selected avoid motorways : unamused:

6. Thread moved

Do Not Sell My Personal Information