1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomtom Vio

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by wadesnj, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Is anyone else using a TomTom Vio? Once you get over the fact that TomTom are targeting scooter riders with this device, and that it has a silly graphic of a scooter on the screen when starting up, it is actually a very good GPS for bikes. It attaches to handlebar or mirror stem. I bought it a few months ago and originally had it installed on my M600, now transferred to my 1000Sie. It is paired with a free smartphone app, there are no ongoing charges at all, it uses very good maps and has support for bluetooth headsets for turn-by-turn instructions, although a headset is not supplied. I have used it a fair bit now, just using the screen without a headset, and the directions are very easy to follow. Cost was just over £100 when I bought it from Amazon. Obviously you have to have your Android or IOS smartphone in bluetooth range, mine is always in my backpack. Don't know exactly what the battery life is yet, I haven't managed to flatten it on a six hour ride. Charged by micro usb under a weather flap, twists off the quarter turn mount in a second. Very pleased with mine.

IMG_20180727_145825.jpg

IMG_20180727_150303.jpg

#1 wadesnj, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
Do Not Sell My Personal Information