1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Top Box Plate

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by manxxl, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Hello All, recently upgraded to a 1260 and loving it but need to put a topbox on ,where can you get the fixing plate from ?, Givi website doesn't show one.

2. I don't have any problem with it. Steady as a rock. Which mounting hardware are you using? I have GIVI monolock

3. You can buy the Ducati mounting kit for a lot less than that.
    The mounting plate is available on its own too. I think it was around 30GBP (at least it is on pre DVT bikes)
    That said, you really need to use it with the support struts to add strength if you put anything heavy in the box, or a pillion that likes to lean on it :yum

4. I think someone here said it was around £200 to buy all the individual parts from Ducati.

5. I got SW-MOTECH ALU-RACK + Adapter to fit Monolock Top Cases for $345 Canadian dollars, which is ~£200.
    But I agree with John W, if you are expecting extremely heavy top case you should get a plate with the support struts.
    I personally hate having heavy weight that high. It totally ruins the bike handling. I put heavy stuff in sidecases and keep top box as light as possible

6. Same here; waterproofs, space for lids when parked up and somewhere for GF to rest her back.

7. I think I'm going to order the parts from Ducati. The only reason, my daughter sometimes rides pillion and feels safer being able to lean back against the top box

8. Maybe this? :)
    dmulti15_3t.jpg dmulti15_5t.jpg

Or this?
    dmulti15_9t.jpg dmulti15_10.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. IMG_0703.JPG IMG_0708.JPG IMG_1198.JPG Mine had a badly mounted givi resin plate on it when I got it and it was very flexi. Too weak to suppert my wife leaning back against it under acceleration. But research tended to show all the various plates mounted too far forward IMO so I made my own plate, mounted it with a ventura support bracket from underneath and remounted the Givi plate on top. Solid as a rock. Then the pillion footpegs needed to be moved forward and up as she could only have her heels on them with panniers attached. Cheapo ebay pegs worked lovely.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. The extra support would never apply to me as always solo, just need to find reasonable price kit

11. My girlfriend has the same problem with footpegs and the panniers, can you provide a link to the footpegs you used please.

12. Did you steel that plate from a ship's hull. Yowge.

13. Be aware that the Ventura rack from the 1200 DVT doesn't fit the 1260, Ducati changed the grab rails just enough tom interfere with it

14. Yip, I steeled it from an aluminium hull, it is pretty lightweight!

15. IMG_1202.JPG IMG_1204.JPG IMG_1204.JPG
    Sorry couldn'd find a link but were dime a dozen when I bought them...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Many thanks for your response and pictures, much appreciated. Having a look on ebay now. Maybe using wrong search terms. Were these MT'S or Ducati specific or are they universal?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information