1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Gear

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by noobie, Oct 22, 2018.

1. I don't know if anyone still watches the newer one?

Following Matt Le Blancs leaving, the BBC have jumbled the top gear staff and returned Chris Harris but have now added Freddy Flintoff and Paddy McGuiness to the line up of three.

I can see where they are trying to go, the original 3 are now and have been for many years, 3 blokes having a laugh on a motor show programme but they were all motor journalists before t/g

I think the BBC can't replicate that at the moment so have sought to try and get 3 blokes having a laugh on a motor show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I thought that the new TG hosts of Matt Le Blanc, Chris Harris and Rory Reid were quite good, then I know nothing. I've watched a few of the Grand Tours when I have Amazon and my goodness that is bad. The test track is Wroughton airfield that used to be a Royal Navy dockyard where helicopters were kept. In my youth, I lived nearby and very occasionally we would get a Hercules pass overhead to land. Back in the day, the airfield was used a lot for race meetings - including the North Glos Road Race Club. When the Royal Navy left, the Science Museum bought the place to store big exhibits. Now Google maps identifies it as the 'Grand Tour Test Track', which must piss off the Science Museum - it was supposed to be a secret! We used to know how to sneak in to a NGMCC meeting as kids - maybe that started the bike thing going. I did race with them later....

But back on-topic: How can TG work in the future with a cricketer hosting it? Motoring programs on TV have gone downhill imo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I think they should just give up, sell the rights to another company and try and recoup some money.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Two reet proper northern blokes an' all. Nah, not for me, I'm out.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. I don't think the original TG was anything like the one I enjoyed with Clarkson and co, but it seems people forget the three of them are intelligent sharp motoring journalist's in their own right.
    To me, the BBC are trying to revive the humour that those three had created and failing, Evans I thought was crap, Le Blanc was ok but couldn't work off script and the other two were just not funny as far as I'm concerned. I used to enjoy TG but since Evans, I've tried watching it but it's just not funny any more, it used to be a good comedy program.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Be better with Zippy n George...

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. It's very gender dominated, I think it's male dominated but you just don't know nowadays. I think they need females or people that look like women for a gender balance. And it's not multi cultural, there needs to be multi cultural, with different languages.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. And not just about vehicles any more, but feelings and shops and stuff.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. And they do travel to places that people can't afford to go to. Like the north pole

10. Then the previous post highlighting Zippy and George is very close to the mark :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yes but they must get there in an ecologically sound, tuna-friendly fashion.

12. Yep, could ride dolphins tee hehe

14. Meh - y'cant manufacture comedy....the things is, as others have said - the original three have all got strong personalities and are very dry in their wit....fucking "take me out" Paddy McGuiness....he's been employed on itv prime time shit so probably about as deep as a glass of water...

In fact fuck it - you may as well have put on fucking Cilla Black (had she been alive)...

#14 comfysofa, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. OK.
    I will take the turtle.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I’m looking forward to seeing what they can do I like both Paddy and Freddy and I’m quite happy not to have a woman presenting thanks :)

17. I think there are laws against that

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Cilla is dead???

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. can they even drive a stick up a pigs arse?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. She's god.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information