1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torque Setting For Bar Clamp

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by jack999s, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Hi,
    Ive just fitted a new pair of Rizoma bars to my SFS and wondered if anyone can tell me the correct torque setting for the 4 allen bolts on bar clamp?? Also has anyone tried to take the plastic bungs out the end of the old bars without destroying them??

I have the workshop manual downloaded but cant get it to open for some strange reason.

Cheers Jack

2. Jack, 25Nm in the sequence below. :upyeah:

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 23.51.23.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 23.53.36.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Thanks a lot mate, Just what I'm after, will get it finished after the WSB in morning, Heres the difference the Rizoma MA006 makes if its any interest to anyone, Perfect and looks tidy 20180324_173630.jpg 20180324_144443.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. They look a bit wider and a lot flatter. :upyeah:

5. yeh they sit a load flatter, The Rizoma bars are 20mm wider in total, I'm just glad I didn't go for the MA009 that a lot of people use, Would be just to much rise for me

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Hi Jack, I’m deciding which bars to fit on my 1098SFS for road use. How are you finding the MA006 after a year? Cheers, Graham

7. Hey Graham, I stuck with MA006 And once you get used to them there spot on, You sit a good bit more upright and further back but tbh if you like the standard bars just stick with them, I far preferred the standard ones, I just felt more confidence on the twistys, Ive sold the bike, Be good if you could try one with different bars before swapping, I was just to lazy to swap back to the original ones or I would have

Cheers Jack

Do Not Sell My Personal Information