1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torque Settings?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Jim89, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Hi all. I’m starting to tidy up my 1100 S and have bought some rear wheel nuts and sprocket nuts.

How tight should the be in Nm?

6F5CAD66-9AFC-49A9-989A-B5E55696A5BB.jpeg

2. Hi Jim,
    Found this on the net.
    You will need to set it up to the lower end of torque setting (175Nm then a bit), then nip it up to match the castleation of the large nut.

Rear wheel
    Lh rear wheel nut (rear sprocket) 33x1.5 156 * GREASE B
    Rh rear wheel nut (wheel) 38x1.5 177 * GREASE B
    Driving pins securing screw 6x1 11 * LOCK 2
    Rear sprocket nuts 10x1.25 48 * GREASE B
    Rear brake disc retaining screw 8x1.25 25 * LOCK 2

• Like Like x 1
  3. Appreciate that, cheers:upyeah:

4. Just to add to what Smudger said...

Final torque on the wheel nut is 177NM +/-10% with the low end of that tolerance being 159.3NM.
    You'll want to put copperslip on the threads and then snug the nut up with a standard ratchet, bang around on the side of the tire a bit to make sure the wheel is seated and settled, then torque it down another 20-30NM and repeat this process until you reach the bottom end of the torque tolerance range.
    Once you hit that, take note of the alignment of the hole in the axle and the nearest slot in the nut and tighten it further until you're lined up (centered, not just kind of aligned enough for the pin). Then pin it and safety wire the pin together.
    In my experience, the nut can sometimes back off just a tiny bit after the first spirited ride as things settle up. I like to put torque-seal on it for an easy visual reference like in the pic here...

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Also, lubricating the threads with anti-sieze or grease of some sort is critical. A lubricated fastener will provide a different amount of clamping force than an unlibricated one tightened to the same torque, to the tune of up to ~20% difference, and Ducati's spec calls for lubrication.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Great advice, thanks a lot!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information