1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torque Wrenches Offer

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Sam1199, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Just got a text from Halfords, torque wrenches on offer.
    Good kit and it doesn’t get better than these prices.

7FDDDB69-27CE-4D92-8104-D6485BCF7EB7.png

• Like Like x 4
  2. Good Find, these are good prices. I completed my torque wrench aray before Christmas so please be quicker next time ;-)

3. Could be tempted to update my trio, the lower end of the range is an aged Norbar, the others fairly recently purchased Halfords Pro. the Norbar has to be about 40 years old, is always set to minimum when not in use, never been calibrated since it left the factory...

4. Thism was clever

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Ditto the Norbar! From an offer in Classic Bike or something late-70s maybe.
    For Triumph cylinder head bolts I had to do them to the max, then just a teensy more with the T-bar.
    For gearbox sprockets a pigging great ex-army spanner, tight, then a sharp rap with the copper-hide!
    The Halfords one good, is it?

6. Not sure about the current ones TBH. The two I have are from an earlier generation of the Advanced/Professional range but, like these, have a life-time guarantee. They have, as far as I can tell, worked accurately over the last 4 years or so.

These new ones look similar but have redesigned scales and handles.

Not a professional opinion mind you though when I bought mine they were recommended from more than one source.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. There's an extra 10% off those prices until monday too.

8. Damn missed out on this one, anyone know of any other good offers flying around?

9. My wife says no, I am not allowed another wench in the garage. Maybe she misheard..

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Might be a silly question… but I have a nut that requires 105lbs ft and the Halfords wrench I am looking at goes up to 100lbs. Is that close enough or not?? It’s a rear axle nut.

TIA

Michel

11. NO Michael - buy the next size up.. or buy multiple... its a good offer.

If it was something in your garage - then you could get buy at a push... buy not for a new purchase - but the correct one...

These days most things are Nm...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Many thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information