1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tour Of Duty To Barmouth

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by CINNABULL, May 6, 2018.

1. Me and 3 mates, one on a Diavel Carbon, one on an XDiavel and another on a Harley Ferguson VDRod set of for Barmouth this morning, leaving Warrington around 10.15.

First stop was the Rhug Café, taking on some feed and coffee. At this point the VDRod was still with us. We finished our snack and onto Bala. Well despite full clear instructions, Shaun the VDRod pilot never made it. We later found out he ended up on the wrong side of Bala, and eventuall found himself in pissin Llandudno, WTF?. Heres the Ducs at Rhug.

[​IMG]

We stopped for a short while at Bala, hoping our mate on the VDRod would show, but eventually had to give up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Onto Barmouth. Parked up and had a shandy and curry in the Last Inn. Weather was fantastic, roads were hectic, and company was great.

[​IMG]

We were going to go back over Blanau Festiniog and into Betws Y Coed, but, tragically, just after going through Blanau where the road starts to open up, some poor biker had come a cropper. The road was closed, Ambulances and Police everywhere. We ended up coming back through Bala, but we all got back. Hope whoever crashed is ok, makes you think doesn't it.

Stuart

• Like Like x 3
  2. Looks like a good day out - coincidentally, I did almost exactly the same route on Saturday in similar weather - Shrewsbury, Barmouth, Bala, a cuppa and piece of cake at the Ponderosa :blush: and then home.

3. Me and Phil (carbon) were up at Ponderosa a few weeks back one sunday when the sun made an appearance. It was still chilly but there were a lot of bikes up there.

Stuart

Do Not Sell My Personal Information