1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tour Of South West Ireland - Swi500 - Sept 5-11 2021

Discussion in 'Touring' started by West Cork Paul, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IMG_3293.jpg

Now there is some light at the end of the pandemic tunnel I've resurrected the tour I had to cancel last year. It’s a 6 night, 5 day tour, all of which you can do without having to cart all your luggage around as we return to the same base each evening.

The itinerary is as follows:

Sun 5th September - arrive in Kenmare, Co. Kerry, staying at the Kenmare Bay Hotel for the week. This hotel has been chosen for a variety of reasons;
    - safe off street parking for the bikes at the front of the hotel,
    - within walking distance (10 mins) of Kenmare town centre,
    - it has an indoor swimming pool, steam room, sauna, beauty and therapy treatment rooms all available FOC to guests.
    - the food is good and the breakfasts are copious.
    Sunday evening we eat together in the hotel - a kind of get to know everyone meal.
    Mon 6th Sept - we head south, over the Cork & Kerry mountains (made famous by ‘Whiskey in the Jar’, Thin Lizzie and the Dubliners) via the Caha Pass to tour the Mizen & Sheepshead peninsulas
    Tues 7th Sept - tour the Beara peninsula, traversing the Healy Pass
    Wed 8th Sept - tour the Iveagh (Ring of Kerry) peninsula, with a variety of routes at our disposal
    Thurs 9th Sept - free day - relax and explore Kenmare or suggested routes can be provided if you want to ride out.
    Fri 10th Sept - tour the Dingle peninsula, taking in the Slea Head Drive and the Connor Pass
    Sat 11th Sept - depart.

The tour is designed to provide relaxed touring days, no early starts, we’ll be leaving around 10am each day, no late returns and with several stops for photos, coffee/tea breaks and food; you even have me, a blow-in local, on hand each day to assist and guide.

Rooms have been booked on a B&B basis with the inclusion of a group 'get to know everyone' supper on the Sunday night. Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri nights people are free to do what they want and there are plenty of good bars and restaurants, of all standards, in Kenmare.

Costs : £790 per person on a single occupancy basis, if you’re bringing a partner then let me know as the cost/person will be less.

Included:
    6 nights accommodation
    6 breakfasts
    1 evening meal
    Dedicated parking outside the hotel (don't worry this is very low crime area, your bike will be safe)
    Assistance of me as tour guide
    Maps and route guidance instructions.

Not included:
    Getting to and from Kenmare, although help, guidance and assistance with routes & ferries can be provided.
    Bikes
    Fuel
    Tea/Coffee/Drinks/Lunch during the day
    Evening meals on each of Mon-Fri
    Travel insurance
    Breakdown insurance

Payment:

£250/person deposit required when making the booking
    Full balance due no later than 31st July 2021
    In the event you have to pull out before 31st July you will receive a full refund of the £250 deposit
    In the event you have to pull out after the 31st July deposits and any balance paid will only be refunded if your space can be re-sold.

Further information can be found at www.swi500.ie and if interested or you have any questions you can contact me through there or via the conversations option on here or via additional posts below.

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 13.40.43.png

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

#1 West Cork Paul, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 18
  2. meh.

:D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Looks gorgeous !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. [​IMG]
    this one reminds me of the coast road up to bushmills.
    v,nice.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Bollox - I'm in Sardinia

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. hmmmm......

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Would love to do this but I'm off to Germany on the last day - I wouldn't mind back to back trips but her indoors probably would.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Looks lovely, and a bargain. I have limited time and am doing the Picos late May / June.

I hope it goes well and you make it regular so I get to join you at some time.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. im over committed financially already for all the bike stuff i want to do (and may be out of a job soon) but @West Cork Paul will probably get me drunk (or at least watch me get drunk) on the welsh gig and talk me into it!!!! it does look cracking and i love to do ireland on a bike... all of it!

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Oh shit. Wish I hadn’t opened this thread.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Lovely part of the country. Beara penninsula in particular is stunning on a good day. Guinness down south is good too!
    Best of luck with the venture.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Looks awesome. :) :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Good on you Paul, you’ve taken a lot of trouble there.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Nice one Paul, looks like a good effort (although it looks a bit cloudy in the photos ;)) one day I intend to complete a tour of Ireland as last time I didn't even get as far as Galway :bucktooth: so I will at least keep a note of the route and may even look you up :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Try and get TMF on broad and get a review on his YouTube channel

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. :cool: Wow this does look fabulous and I'm genuinely sorry I can't make it, for another great reason though!
    I'm lucky enough to be heading to Portugal on the EMM 2020, with loads of other Mutli minded peeps, which occurs from the 8th June until I return to the UK on the 24th June :motorcycleduc:

Terrific effort with all of the planning.
    Have a brilliant time everyone who manages to make it. :):upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Just a little bump of this thread as many now seem to want to avoid continental Europe.
    :)

18. i'm considering coming over in july, as most places i was looking at for the summer are full.

19. will you be flying over, traveling by haggis back or taking a bike?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. hot air balloon, fancy a lift? you could save me a fortune on propane...
    :p
    or, maybe i will just take the ferry.

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information