1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Touratech Comfort Seat For Dvt

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Philnanks, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Thinking about getting one but the ridiculous price is holding me back. Touring Spain and France in May hence the reason and I really don't find the standard seat comfortable at all.
    Heard varying reviews on the air hawk cushions so would rather plump for a new seat.
    Not sure I want to remould my seat although that would be much cheaper and I'd get good second hand money on the Touratech one when it comes to sell.

My question is has anyone recently got one and are they much better than standard?

Previous posts on here and other forums suggest they are but any other opinions??

2. HI Phil,
    I recently bought a second hand seat off fleabay for £50 and had it lifted a couple of inches and it cost me £70 all in included postage for the mod so £120 all in. Havent tried it yet as pick the bike up tomorrow.

Looks odd in the pictures as you cant get the angle right for a photo but it is a bang on job. Look for a previous post from one of the lads who suggested it in the first place.

IMG_2483.JPG

#2 JimVee, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  3. I've sat on the one at the show's and it did feel mighty comfy but like you say that price, really!! i'm gonna do a couple of trips on the original and see how it goes

4. Hi Jim..... that's not a bad idea. Hadn't thought about doing that & would certainly be cheaper.

On a side note, pannier liners arrived safely & are top notch....thanks.

5. I've sat on the one at the show's and it did feel mighty comfy but like you say that price, really!! i'm gonna do a couple of trips on the original and see how it goes, I do like Jim's idea and I have a friend who is an upholsterer

6. Still waiting for the weather to lift so I can try my seat out. Must say just sitting in the garage going vroom vroom the standard seat feels pretty dam good.

Regards Steve

7. Hi Phil, Thanks for letting me know and glad you are happy mate. Guy I used for the seat is AR Pound in Baldock as recommended on the Forum.

8. That was my first modification as my used bike came with the awful low seat. The seat feels quite firm the first miles but at the end of a long day your bum doesn't hurt. If you want it a little softer you can add a sheepskin.

9. Is the seat different on the DVT S Touring? I honestly can't complain about my seat and I find it super comfy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I've got one.

Buy it, it's worth it.
    Completely stopped aching tailbone issues with standard seat, which restricted me to about 30 minutes riding before changing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I got back one for the wife as she said seat was so uncomfortable so I got the front to match I must say its not worth the money feels much the same as the standard one to me. She's not tried hers yet.

12. That's the problem....different views on it already. I'd be teazy if I'd spent that money for no real difference.

Wander if size makes a difference. I'm 6'4 and 18 stone (still trying to lose my Xmas weight....from 1976!!):grinning:

My arse/tail bone gets numb after 70 miles or so on the standard seat

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I couldn't ride with the standard seat, too much pressure on the ping pong balls. The Touratech one is expensive but worth it, very comfortable on our trip to Provence last year.

14. You could also try a Moto Skiveez advanture short. That's what I'm going to do. Many people say it helps a lot. It's a lot cheaper than a touring seat. And if it doesn't help enough I can always buy the seat.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. I have the Touratech version of both the rider and pillion seats and have to say that they're a big improvement over the standard option. Strangely they actually feel firmer than the standard seats but offer a better spread of the pressure, they also fit the bike a lot better, are more non slip and are shaped to stop the sliding forward feeing you can get with the standard seat.

I would definitely recommend them

IMG_0101.JPG

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Thanks.... that's good to know. They do look good as well. Do you buy from your dealer?

17. Hi Philnanks, yes I bought from the local dealer, gave me a small discount which helps of course, weren't any on EBay at the time.

The wife also prefers it as it has a slight depression to stop her sliding forward.

I understand that it gets more comfortable the more you use it as it 'beds in' to your shape

18. Righto thanks for the info Dogtaxi......might give my dealer a ring and see what the cost is & how generous they're feeling.... think I know the answer to that already!

19. I got the impression you sit slightly higher on the comfort seat, being 6' 5" that would be a good thing for me.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?!

20. I think the Touratech comfort seat is about 15 - 20 mm higher than than the standard seat. The plastic base is the same part as the standard seat, the foam appears to be more dense and it has a different shape. I found the comfort seat a lot more comfortable than the standard seat as I didn't end up sitting so near the tank. I agree that it cost a lot of money but for me was worth it, saying that I think @JimVee 's approach is well worth considering.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information