1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Touring Luggage: Kriege Vs Sw Motech Blaze?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by dubcat, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Going on a tour with the 848 - need luggage. I already have a Kriege US-20. I was going to add a couple of US-10's to it (or just one if I can get away with it). Would I be better off buying the SW Motech Blaze panniers?

I'm going to use an SW Motech Day tank bag to hopefully.

Cheers,
    Dub

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. @Stu848 used the blaze panniers on his 848 during last years trip.
    I had the same panniers on my 899, this year I have bought the fitting kit from SW motech so they fit on my 939sp using the same bags.
    They are a spot on piece of kit. Easy to get on and off. The pockets extend for a little more room.
    I guess it all depends on how long you are away and what you deem as necessary to take with you.
    Some folk travel lighter than others

3. Do you travel into London @dubcat? You are welcome to borrow my Ventura luggage rack (for the 848/1098/1198).

• Like Like x 1
  4. That’s very kind of you!!! Really appreciate it. Think I’ll buy something as it’ll make me use my bike more :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iv done a week in Europe with a kriega us20 and a kriega 35l rucksack.

I really rate the kriega, easy and quick to use.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Absolutely the best luggage system out there. Large bag capacity and when you lift them off they have a good carry handle or can also be used as a rucksack. Travelled across Ireland in heavy rain on my 748 with two bags zipped together back to back and a manufacturer's waterproof cover, rock solid and bone dry. Not cheap but unbeatable for quality.

7. Not on a Ducati granted, but I've used Kreiga stuff but found multiple bags a pain when checking in to a Hotel.
    Use a White Water Rafting Dry Bag now made by Ortlieb

Touring Setup.jpg

8. Used the SW Blaze on my 1299. Cracking bits of kit. Secure up to silly speeds and beyond, easy to fit and remove. May not be waterproof but bin bags are.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information