1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Touring Pack 1260

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Jon Seddon, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Anybody know what the correct part number is if you want to fit the touring pack to a base 1260?

1260 not on the Ducati website and different part numbers if you use the 1200 DVT on Ducati.com, ducatistore.co.uk or Ebay.

Also how do you get the key barrels for your keys?

Phone dealer?

2. Dealer should sort you out. I think the only difference is center stand, panniers and skyhook suspension. Heated grips are no longer included in the touring pack but my dealer threw them in with the deal for me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 97980641A

• Like Like x 1
  4. Heating grips still included, they were on my 1260 which was a standard S model. Dealer assembled the Touring Pack kit from components in stores. Only stumbling block was that they fitted a centre stand off an Enduro. Can't for the life of me understand why they (workshop or sales guy) didn't notice that it was completely unusable as it's about 3 inches taller than the standard one. Having purposely tried the stand on the demo bike and found it OK imagine my confusion when I first tried to use it a few days later... In hindsight I should have tried it before riding away from the showroom. Ground clearance issues too, especially two up. Now sorted but something to maybe check...

• Like Like x 1
  5. My dealer definitely said heated grips were no longer included. I’ve only just got mine so either he’s lied to me or they’ve changed since you got yours ?
    y deale

6. All the Touring Packs advertised at Ducati.com show heated grips that I can see

7. Heated grips were standard on my 1260S touring, very strange if they've taken them off

8. Your dealer lied........

9. Yep grips, stand and panniers on my 1260s touring bought in June this year. First time with heated grips on in cold this week - bloody brilliant - make sure you get em off your dealer!

Oh and Key barrels came with it also...

10. For clarity here I think it's the bikes that come with the spare key barrels, matching the bike's keys, that could then be used if the buyer opted for the touring pack. Only makes sense that way around as they have to match the keys.

Maybe that's what you meant, just seemed that you implied that the barrels came with the touring kit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Heated grips were included on my 1260s touring pack.
    They work well too.

12. Same here

13. Trying to make sense of this, I browsed through different countries' official Ducati pages and some state that the 1260S model comes with 320mm front rotors while others say it's 330mm. Which one is true and how can we trust the specifications? (extended to this specific issue). My dealer said the touring pack is the panniers, center stand and heated grips although this was some time ago (before summer).

14. Got my UK 1260 in March 2018 and the touring pack was panniers, Centre stand and heated grips.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I think the 1260 is 320mm and the 1260S is 330mm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I was referring specifically to the 1260 S model (that's what I know as well, that the non-S has 320mm rotors while the S has 330mm).
    If you go to the US site it states 330mm (so does the UK site that redirects to .com)
    The greek Ducati site states 320mm.
    The site that @Sprocker mentioned (Ducati Leeds) states 320mm
    Can we trust the specs?

Also my dealer, when asked about the extra TPMS installation said he doesn't know anything about it .... go figure.

18. The key barrels should come with the bike when it's new...mine did. They are very easy to fit to the panniers but a little tricky on the top box because of the release catch. The 1200 kit fits the 1250...same rear sub-frame. If you're changing panniers extracting the locks is a dealer job!

19. Ducati Uk is still showing 2018 bikes. Ducati Italy shows 2019 bikes.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information