1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toy/investment/midlife?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by idrinkbeer, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Im seriously thinking of looking for a nice honda sp1, i owned one for nine years and really loved that bike.
    Part of me is thinking investment, toy, art, etc the other side thinks am i wise lol. What does the forum think? sp1044.jpg Stephens_VFR_002.jpg sp1.jpg

#1 idrinkbeer, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  2. If you can find a nice one, go for it. I've always like them and almost pulled the pin, but bought my 1098R instead, at the time.

3. The sp1 in the kitchen was the result of gill heading out for the day and me getting bike indoors , furniture moved, pics taken and bike out again.

#3 idrinkbeer, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 3
  4. You should have made a ramp and put it up on the table!

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Go for it....Life's too short not to go for what you want. If you have the space do it do it do it... Great looking, sounding, performing bike thats a worthy addition to any collection :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Yeah buy one mate there cracking bikes

7. Already regarded as iconic - if you can get a nice one at a reasonable price, you're onto a winner

• Like Like x 2
  8. Go for it !!! You never know what life's got in store for you :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Prices only going one way these days ..... Do it while you can.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeh, go for it - but when displayed inside take all the body work off and wheels out - they look stunning naked :)

11. You're weird. o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Beautiful bikes , had mine for 4 years and it was supposed to be a keeper but ended up selling it on :(

13. Ehh! Wannabe ducati, Dunlop rep ok though!

14. Toy yes, investment? Why would anyone invest money in something that could go up or down in value, and then take that investment out on the road where the weather and any inattentive other driver can destroy it? Buy a bike to risk and ride, keep your money in a building society where it is safe and will grow.

15. I might pay my mortgage off soon with the money I have made investing (and riding) bikes....or I might keep them all a while longer :thinkingface:
    Although I often wonder why I bothered as I've only doubled my money tax free on some in 5 years, maybe I should have left my money in the building society with real time negative interest :thinkingface::thinkingface:

:thinkingface::thinkingface::thinkingface::thinkingface::thinkingface::thinkingface::thinkingface::thinkingface::thinkingface::thinkingface::thinkingface::thinkingface::thinkingface::thinkingface::thinkingface: :thinkingface: ............ : unamused:

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. No room in the kitchen.....

FFE06201-3C6E-479B-A6E6-F5AF7E38C54C.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. George Soros has nothing on you. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. It was him who told me to buy bikes :eek:

19. Any bikes? Not Hondas, surely? o_O

20. Banks, building societies, fuck them. I'm waiting on the Rapture and I figure that when it happens and I get taken up, if I'm sat on one of my bikes at the same time It'll be taken up with me. Back of the net!
    (It's gonna be really embarassing if I'm sat on the crapper though.)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information